Chapter 3

I find myself waking up to an alarm that I don't remember setting. But it's not an alarm, it's my phone vibrating from an incoming call. It reads HILARY.

"Hi sis" I groggily answer.

"Hey! We're you sleeping?"

"No...I was just lying here" I lie.

"Okay, great so I'll meet you at JoJo's in an hour or so."

When she says an hour I quickly remove the phone from my cheek and look at the time. I slept for almost 4 hours?

"Okay... sounds good, can't wait."

I drop the phone on the floor and peel my body away from the couch. I stumble into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I step in and let the warm water wash over my tender and sweaty body. I hate feeling out of place or sync. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours and I feel completely different without focusing 100% on my job.

I slide on some cute designer cut up jeans, a black slimming crew top showing off my broad shoulders, and my favorite black high-heeled boats. I finish curling my long brown hair and grab my cute Kate Spade clutch as I walk out the door. I climb in my luxury rental car and head over to JoJo's.

JoJo's is a new bar with pool tables, plenty of tables and booths to enjoy their mouthwatering burgers, and a dance floor...or so my sister says. It opened up about 5 years ago and it's been successful ever since. I pull into the gravel parking lot and look around for my sister's SUV. I spot it near the front and climb out.

I lock the door behind me and I open the front door, suddenly being struck with a wave of loud, live music from the band that's currently playing on stage. I glance around and spot my sister at the bar. She looks so cute in her dark green button up top, straight blonde hair, and short black heels. She's no fashionista but she's certainly cute. She quickly spots me and I run over to her to embrace her for a huge hug.

We plop down on the bar stools and start ordering drinks. I order my typical vodka and cranberry while she orders a beer. After an hour or two of her filling me in on her new life, bombarding me with pictures of the kids, and the job she likes, she blurts out that she's ready "to get back out there and date." I'm blown away at her honesty and I glance down to see that she's only had 3 or 4 beers. I don't know if the beer has hit her and screwed with her thinking or if it's simply just given her a confidence boost.

"Okay- Go and talk to some guys then."

"Oh, no I don't have it in me to go talk to anybody tonight."

I start laughing "Are you serious. You just said you're ready!"

"I know...but I don't know how to talk to them just yet."

I give her a crooked smile "Okay, Okay, I'm your wing-man. I'll help you out."

I take a quick sip of my drink and look around the room. There's plenty of people here tonight that she could flirt with, but I'm surprised to see a booth filled with about 5 guys who look to be around our age and who are all pretty handsome. But I can't tell if they're married or not. So I decide to put my skills up for good measure.

I get up from my stool and strut over to the booth. I stand in front of the guys who seem to be having an argument over some sort of pre-season football game. Who cares!

"Hey! Excuse me gentlemen, but do you think one or two of you could do me with a favor?" I say with my flirtatious smile.

They all look up from their so called deep sports conversation and seem to all smile at me at once.

"What do you need sweetie?" a husky voice asks.

Gag me, sweetie.

"Do you see that pretty blonde at the bar" I point. A few nod. "Well, she's my sister and she's single but she's new to the dating world again. So would one of you do me a favor and go over and talk with her...ya know, maybe flirt a little and boost her ego a bit?"