Chapter 10

I wake up naked and alone in his bed. My body is sore from our intense and satisfying sex last night, while my eyes are puffy and my head is pounding after crying myself to sleep. I pull the sheets tighter around me and I look up at the ceiling, trying to decide my next move. But it's too late, I hear the front door close and heavy footsteps on the stairs. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep because I have no idea what to do.

The bedroom door opens and I hear Peyton move cross the floor and sit on the bed. It sounds like he's taking off his pj bottoms and climbs back into bed with me. He's only wearing boxers and his body is actually a little cold when he pulls me close. He wraps the comforter over us and strokes my hair as he starts whispering me to wake up. I open my eyes and his hazel eyes are filled with concern.

"I had my parents take the kids so we can have some alone time today. I sigh and place my hand against his cheek.

"Peyton, I need to tell you something..."

"You're going back to New York, aren't you?" My stomach feels like I just got punched by a heavy fist.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"Because you told me that you were here on vacation...but I was really hoping I could change your mind these last few weeks. But last night I realized I couldn't. You have to be the one to make that decision."

"Why do you have to be so understanding?" I plea.

"Because I told you before...I know you better than anyone. I love you. And I meant what I said last night. But I don't want you to feel like you're betraying the love you have for Matt. I'm come to believe that people have two great loves in their lives, H. And I believe that Matt and Laura were our firsts, but were each other's seconds."

With that prophetic statement I push myself up and kiss him with everything I've got. He instantly feels the sincerity of my kiss and kisses me back. He rolls on top of me and we both remove his boxers. He moves inside of me effortlessly and all I feel his is love with every thrust.

His movements aren't quick or shallow, but deep and slow to make sure I feel every ounce of him. I arch my back and he pushes deeper inside of me. With every thrust I hear him moaning that he loves me and I can't handle the pain I hear in his voice begging me not to go so I pull him down and kiss him with such force. If this was a movie, this would be greatest and most epic love scene between two people. I simply don't know where I begin and he ends and we both know it. The movement is incredibly intense as we're reaching our climax I can't stop myself. I cry out and beg for him for relief, but he doesn't give it.

He continues to pump deeper and slowly in and out of my body. Our bodies are now covered in sweat, but I'm literally throbbing and aching for relief... He sucks on my bottom lip and when I can't hold back anymore and scream "I love you" which pushes us over and we ride out our high together.

Our breathing slowly starts to return to normal, but he doesn't withdraw. He stays inside me as I stroke his back and run my fingers through his sweaty hair. His breathing slows down to where I finally realize he's actually sleeping.

What am I doing? Is Peyton my second love? What life would I leave behind? What life would I walk into? I'm so lost in the world that's me and him that I fall asleep shortly behind him.

***

We wake up about an hour later and realize it's still Saturday morning. The house is quiet because the kids were taken earlier by his parents and we're still in the same position. I stroke his hair until he stirs awake and I kiss his forehead. "Can we shower" I say groggily He looks up from my chest and smirks.