Chapter 13

I arrive at the same B&B where I stayed at months previously. The gala begins in an hour so I know I'm going to be fashionably late. Hilary already says she'll pick me and take me since teachers are required to attend.

I'm wearing a champagne shimmering evening gown that's spaghetti strap. It certainly hugs my ass and my rack which I both plan on using tonight. My hair is soft and curly. And I'm wearing matching high heels. I pull a white pashmina along with my new Kate Spade clutch for good luck. When Hilary answers the door she appears in a black evening gown, she's speechless at my sight.

"Okay, if this doesn't win you over. Then any man would drop his boxers for you."

I laugh and we race to her car. Luckily, it's not snowing tonight, but its fucking cold. We use the valet parking and walk in the door. I catch a few familiar faces that seem to scoff at me. I could simply careless. There's only one person I care about tonight. I purchase my paddle for bidding and head to the stage with Hilary. We got here just in time because I was the last one to purchase it before they close.

I don't see Peyton anywhere. And my anxiety sets in thinking someone who saw me told him. The lights go deem and everyone's focuses their attention on the stage. More than 14 people have already been auctioned off, but when I hear the final auction is Peyton my heart bursts and my stomach fills with a million butterflies. "Peyton Simms, everyone" the MC says. The crowd cheers and some ladies scream with excitement.

What the fuck? I'm from New York and I'm not afraid to throw done.

Jake looks fucking hot in his 3 piece suit and struts around a bit with the music soft in background. I feel like he's almost enjoying this attention. Fucking player.

"Alright ladies and gentleman let's start the bidding at $500."

Several quick hands shoot up and before I can even throw my hand up, the bidding is already up to a $2,500 and keeps going.

Fuck this! I raise my paddle high in the air yell "one million dollars."

The MC stops and the room falls silent. A gentlemen in a suit walks over to me. I recognize him as Mr. Banks from the development and planning meetings I attended. Though the meetings were a complete joke he knows my background and knows who I work for...used for to work for. I pull out my check that's already written for 1 million dollars with a blank space to be filled and hand it to him. He looks at the MC and nods that it's not a joke.

"Sold! To the lady with paddle #221. Coach Simms please meet your buyer at the checkout."

I scurry away before the lights go completely back on and the stage light is out of his face. I don't want him to run away from me before I can explain. I stand in the hallway outside the room where checkout is. And then I see him. He looks incredibly handsome in his 3 piece suit, but he stops dead in tracks before I can finish admiring him. He looks angry and broken and I hate that I caused it. He turns to walk out the front doors and I run after him.

"Peyton, wait! Give me 5 minutes."

"No fucking way H."

He calls me H and it's like music to my ears.

"Give me 5 minutes to explain" I shout. Fine, I call his bullshit.

"Fine, then you can explain to the school board how the woman who gave 1 million dollars to the school is asking for it back considering her date bailed on her."

He stops a few feet in front of me. After a few seconds I see his shoulders drop and turn on his heels to face me "You fucking wouldn't."

"Try me" as I cross my arms across my chest.

Second Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें