Chapter 14

A little less than One Year Later

This year has gone by so quickly and I can't even believe it. We told his parents and the kids the very next day after he placed the ring on my finger. Peyton refused to prolong our wedding date past New Year's...how could I refuse? It was a small ceremony with our families. My parents flew in from Florida and were happy that I was in love again. Rick and Renee were thrilled. Renee finally approved and embraced me with a loving huge. Hilary, her kids, and even Brandon were in attendance as well. They're still dating.

Rick and Renee were gracious enough to watch the kids so we could spend a week in Tahiti for our honeymoon. We didn't do much sightseeing besides see the four walls of our bedroom. We made love endlessly, passionately time and time again..we couldn't careless that we didn't swim, hike, or tan.

We were ecstatic to come back though. I embraced the kids for hours after we got back and breathed in every ounce of them. The first week we all slept in the same bed tangled up in each other. Though we didn't get much sleep, I didn't want to be far from any of them. The first night as we all slept in the same bed Chloe cried out for me and called me mommy while I soothed her nightmare away. Peyton heard me tear up and squeezed my hand knowing full well that she's mine to love forever. Probably about 2 days later Crew started calling me mom as well. I felt like we were finally a family.

Fuck, I love these kids.

We sold the RAV4 and I replaced it with my new Mercedes SUV. Peyton is loving the Dodge charger. I'm just so happy its being put to good use since living in New York Matt barely drove it anyway.

We celebrated Chloe's and Crew's birthdays. I can't believe that I'm now the mom of a 4 and 6 year old. After spending a passion filled yet uneventful week of our honeymoon, we went to Hawaii for Spring Break with the kids. Chloe cried as she got sand in her eyes but Crew loved digging holes and building sand castles. But I think we broke even when the kids saw sting-rays and sea turtles. Seeing their little faces light up was amazing.

The school year ended and we decided to travel as a family and by ourselves for the few weeks in between the months of May and June that we had before Peyton had to get back for football camp. We took the kids to New York and I introduced them to Carol and Drew. Drew was incredibly happy for me and Carol realized what I was finally talking about when she gave birth to their baby. He was absolutely adorable.

The kids loved the Central Park Zoo and Peyton understood why I loved the city so much. Peyton and I even took an alone trip to London. He was able to see the beauty and wonder of the city that I saw. I think he just loved the history of it considering he teaches English and is a total romantic.

During football camp Chloe and Crew both went to their own summer day camps while I became involved in the Better Business foundation in the regional chapter, worked with the city council on how to improve the local businesses, and started a small business of my own as a consultant. We really didn't need the money considering what I obtained from Jake and my apartment along with Peyton working, but I still wanted to work.

Summer past quickly and fall arrived. Between the end of August to mid October I was busy attending games with the kids, working, and spending Friday nights alone with Peyton. I finally gave in and wore a school colored beanie with the kids. I couldn't get over how funny it was that all the players, player's parents, several teachers, and cheerleaders knew me because of Peyton. It was weird at first to be called Mrs. Simms so I asked the kids to go back to calling me H, I even settled for Coach H. After their initial shock of my return, people got over it and welcomed me back in. Like I said I've been in shark invested waters too many times for that to scare me away.

During the season, Peyton removed his ban and let me come back to visit him during his lunch hours. I know I wasn't quieter than the last time, but I think he was just super stressed about making the championship game again this year so I really worked hard to relieve him. But surprise, surprise the team made it to another championship game and won. The kids stayed at their grandparent's house while we had our own victory party at home that night.

But here we all sit, around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Peyton and I are in comfy cotton pj's, while the kids are screaming and throwing wrapping paper from their recently opened presents.

"Hey, Dad!" Crew yells. "This one's for you."

"For me?" Peyton asks all innocent.

It's a small box and I know what's inside because I wrapped the damn thing. He fumbles with the paper and opens the box. His eyes light up and I see him clutch the film paper in his hands. He glances up at me and I'm bright red.

"Are you serious?" He squeaks.

"Do you remember that game you won in late September and you couldn't wait to get home?"

"Yeah....well. Do you remember when we talked about having my IUD being pulled about a month before because we talked about having kids and didn't know how long it would take?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, my IUD was pulled that week.... But you were so excited and I couldn't stop myself when you...ya, know" nodding to the kids and trying to speak in code.

"What?" he screeches with excitement. "So you're telling me we're going to have a baby in May?"

I start laughing "Baby, look again. We're having twins."

He glances back down at the picture and I point to two blobs.

He kisses me passionately and I feel my whole body ignite.

"Wo, baby. That led to this... last time" I say pointing to my stomach. "Settle down!"

He places a hand on my stomach and kisses it tenderly telling them he cannot wait to meet them and how I'm the best mom in the world.

He kisses my lips again. "When should we tell the kids?"

I laugh "After their dad knows, so I guess now."

He pulls me in close and kisses me "Kids! Mom and I have something to tell you!

THE END