06

symere
(tw: slight homophobic remarks)

when i made it back at my dorm, steve and destin were sitting closely on one coach while syd was laying down on the other.

i put my keys on the counter, directing everybody's attention to me.

"y'all look cute," i said to destin and steve, smirking at how close they were next to each other. steve bit his lip and moved his head off destin's shoulder.

i sat on the coach next to syd, putting her legs over my lap and laying my head back.

"sick?" she asked, putting a hand on my forehead.

"headache," i answered, lifting my head up.

destin whispered something in steve's ear, making steve glance downwards at his hands, smiling with teeth.

"i should get going anyways, it's late," destin got off of the coach, holding steve's hand for another second before letting go.

"bye destin!" yelled steve who looked sad. destin waved and closed the door. syd and i stared at steve instinctively. steve casted his eyes away from his phone.

"what?" he asked us in a low voice.

"y'all dating or what?" syd asked aggressively, not wanting to beat around the bush. i just watched the tv and patted syd's legs.

steve looked clueless.

"i don't know guys. we just talking," he responds, getting up from the couch.

"is he straight?"

"syd..."

"what? i'm just curious."

"he's questioning," steve grabbed some chips and sat back on the couch.

"ah, the curious ones. that's a dangerous game to play," i looked at steve who rolled his eyes.

"aren't you messing with jordan?" he huffed, trying to steer the conversation away from him. i scrunched my eyebrows.

"never that. jordan is straight as fuck." syd and steve smacked their lips.

"okay buddy," steve muttered under his breath. i moved syd's legs off of me, trotting to my room.

"do you ever stay with your roommate at YOUR dorm," syd groaned when steve started changing the channels.

"hell nah. i basically live with y'all whores." that was the last thing i heard before i closed my room door.

i turned on my lamp and grabbed my laptop off the floor to start some unfinished homework. soft music played in the background from my laptop as i tried my hardest to focus on my work.

my phone vibrated next to my arm causing any concentration i had left to evacuate my brain.

miguel:
damn bb u forgot abt me dat quickly 😔

i playfully rolled my eyes, smiling at the fact that he even thought about me. i laid my head on my pillow, completely engulfed in our conversation and forgetting all about my homework.

miguel:
wyd tomorrow?

me:
music class, photography, and physics

miguel:
do you wanna go to the movies?

me:
of course 😌