10

symere

it was the first day of spring break and i was ready to fuck some shit up.

well... try to.

i had training at my new job today but after that, miguel wad taking me to a fair downtown before he visits family since he had to leave early. we made up the day after the football game where he gave me flowers and told me this cute mini speech. i would've looked stupid still being mad at him so i accepted his apology and started to talking him again, regretting nothing.

i walked into the mall, avoiding little kids that were running in and out of different stores. i carefully stepped down on the escalator, skipping the steps as i walked when i realized no one else was on. i turned a corner away from h&m to reach my new job, zumiez.

i was immediately welcomed by a girl with dark curly hair, small freckles, and piercings on her face. "hi! you must be the new employee. my name is blake homie," she told me, putting her tiny hand out for me to shake. i shook her hand and followed her to the register.

"symere woods," i responded with a light smile. blake handed me a zumiez-themed lanyard to wrap around my neck to show i was an employee. today felt like a good day.

••

"how was the first day?" miguel asked me after he drove further away from campus. he put a hand on my thigh.

"it was nice. my coworkers seemed cool and the job doesn't seem too difficult. i think i'll like it," i answered him, making him smile at me.

"you said you try to go to this fair every year?" he hummed at my question, leaning back in the car seat.

"yeah, try to. usually i go with my friends but they so bad at planning out shit," he claimed, making me chuckle. "so, this is my first time back in like, 2 years? i'm glad i get to go with you." i shyly looked away from him.

once the car stopped at a red light, miguel quickly kissed my lips deeply.

••

"that shit is bigger than yo whole body," miguel cackled at me as i struggled to hold a giant pikachu plush that he won me in both of my arms. he took it out my hands and held it himself, taking his car keys out to unlock the door.

"shut up, i'm not that little," i snapped at him, getting in the car before he placed the toy in my lap. he smirked at me and closed the door. as he drove i studied his stature. he looked so sexy with his perfect ass teeth, and perfect ass face, and perfect ass singing voice. to think i was stressing about jordan even though i had him right in front of me.

jordan would be perfect if his donkey ass would stop trying to be straight.

but the more i thought about it, i hate perfect. it's seems impossible in my eyes. it's... contradicting to me. i like imperfect. i love flaws and undesirable elements. it feels more human. i like people that are nowhere near perfect. people like that catch my attention. people like jordan. he's so imperfect and it draws me to him every single time.

imperfect people are perfect to me.

i shook any thoughts of him out of my head, focusing on miguel and the way he rubbed my thigh with his fingers. when we got to campus, we got out the car and stood in the warm, windy weather, looking at each other even though the light around us was dim.