07

jordan

"i wanna hang with him but he's always so busy. i only see him when he's tutoring."

"seems like you taking a liking in him. at first you ain't even want to get tutored by the nigga," destin tells me with a lopsided smile. i grunted at his cockiness, grabbing some pop tarts out of the kitchen cabinet.

"just ask to hang out with him. you act like he'll say no," destin says when i sat back down next to him on the couch.

"that's easy for you to say. steve is always available and he lets you go to his dorm," i responded back, ripping the pop tart foil open.

"yeah 'cause we're friends. are you and symere friends?"

i took a bite of the pastry, thinking about destin's question. symere and i are more associates than anything right now. i only see him if he's doing photography or tutoring me. i doubt he actually want to hang out though.

i eventually just shrugged my shoulders at his question, making him sigh. we watched sex education on netflix in comfortable silence, getting on our phones here and there.

megan:
jordannn i have bad news :(

i furrowed my eyebrows.

me:
wassup? u okay?

megan:
i cant go on our date tonight. i'm busy with medical homework shit ☹️

me:
its ight meg.
we can always hang later

megan:
i'm sorry :( i rlly wanted to see u

me:
it's okay frl 😭

i sighed, dropping the phone in my lap. "what's wrong? is it your dad?" destin asked with concerned face. i shook my head.

"no, not his bitch ass," i muttered. "it's megan. she can't go out tonight." he made a sound of acknowledgment and rubbed my shoulder.

"y'all can hang later. oh! you tryna go to the cascade skating rink tonight?" i ignored his question.

"c'mon stop being antisocial. you and megan ain't even a thing for real yet and all you been focusing on is school and football. take a break nigga," he told me in a serious tone, standing up from the couch and stretching.

"who gon be there?" i asked with a straight face. he smiled at my consideration.

"steve, of course," he said, using his fingers to count. i rolled my eyes.

"besides your boyfriend." he put a pointer finger over his lips.

"shut up coon, i ain't done naming. uh, syd, miles, smino, coi..."

"coi?"

"michael's girl."

"oh yeah. okay, who else."

"jahmier's ugly ass might come," destin said, frowning his face. "who else? i know miguel and symere coming to."

i perked my head up at symere's name. fuck yes, he's going. but aww fuck no, miguel is gonna be there.