chapter seven; crown on the ground

"I am paying you to make her shine! Do not make my Mercedes Benz look like all the other trashy cars here!" Torryn practically screeched at the poor workers, all the carwash employees quivering as they buffed the Mercedes harder, desperate to make it shimmer.

   She was almost as bad as the man who occasionally came with his red Aston Martin.

   Torryn tapped her foot impatiently from where she stood, her red locks looking as if they were made of flames by the bright Nevada sun. The few other people getting their own cars done eyed Torryn, wondering what in the hell a sixteen-year-old was doing here while she was supposed to be in school.

   Not only that, but they also frowned upon the fact that she was so young with a Mercedes.

   Yes, it was currently the second hour at Memorial High School and Torryn Wilde was nowhere to be found within the premise. Instead, she was at the car wash getting her Mercedes washed, determined for it to sparkle so she could flaunt it once more. It was not that the Range Rover was doing her bad when she drove it, she just preferred to drive the Mercedes.

   Large sunglasses sat at the tip of Torryn's nose, the girl tilting her head so she could get a better look at the car. For a split second, she considered simply ditching the rest of the day (she was no stranger to skipping school), but decided against it as she remembered Smokescreen would be taking her from school to the base.

   Unlike yesterday, Torryn was not wearing pajamas, but rather actual clothes. Of course, with the hot weather, her wardrobe was limited to light shirts and shorts or skirts, but she did not much mind. Today was simply another day of wearing a tank top, shorts, and to top it all, her usual white converse.

   Ah, yes, the essential teen trash look. Then again, in more ways then one, Torryn Wilde could easily be considered teen trash.

    With a nervous breath, the man in charge of cleaning Torryn's beloved Benz looked up toward said teenager. Torryn rose a brow from behind her stark white sunglasses, chomping on her bubblegum in an obnoxious manner.

   In the eyes of those who did not take the time to meet her, Torryn could be mistaken as the typical bubblegum-popping shallow rich bitch. This was not true, by most means, as Torryn did try to be kind and did not purposely flaunt her wealth. In other words, Torryn tried not to act like the brat she was.

   Torryn Wilde was a pretentious and spoilt brat, but she was also a kind loyal friend. While in some aspects she was the crude princess strangers often labeled her off as, she was additionally a caring and devoted person who would die before allowing those she loved to come to any harm.

   "Ma'am, your car is finished!" The car wash employee called, praying to god the ginger-haired teen was satisfied with their job.

   Sauntering over, Torryn carefully examined every outside inch of the Mercedes, humming in content when she was able to see her own reflection through the sleekness of the midnight colored car. Opening the driver's door, Torryn was immediately greeted by her chosen scent of 'Black Ice'.

   She nodded her head seeing that the inside was just as pristine as the outside. Shutting the door, Torryn spun around reaching into her pockets and pulling out a folded twenty-dollar bill. Handing it to the male who had done her car, she nodded in thanks.

   "Oh, thank you!" The male thanked her graciously, Torryn taking the time to read the nametag of the carwash worker.

   Crossing her arms, Torryn looked back up from his nametag now knowing the name of the male who made her father's car gleam so perfectly. Albeit, part of the reason was probably that Torryn was standing on the side screaming at them the whole time.