chapter sixteen; snowy prime

"Smokescreen, can you stop at Taco Shell? I am starving!" Torryn groaned from the passenger seat of Smokescreen, still clad in her cheer uniform as her guardian drove her home from the game.

Unsurprisingly, Memorial High won by a landslide and most of the team was celebrating by having what was supposed to be a "crazy" after-party at the quarterback's house. Torryn, of course, had been invited but opted not to go knowing Smokescreen would drive her and she truly did not feel like having him witness that side of her.

"Sure thing," came Smokescreen's enthusiastic reply as he turned into the empty drive-through of Taco Shell.

Quickly, Torryn unbuckled her seatbelt, crawling from the passenger seat and into the driver's seat. It was well past ten o'clock at night making the popular fast-food chain empty as it closed in an hour. However, this worked in both Smokescreen and Torryn's favor for what happened next.

As Torryn sat in the driver's seat, Smokescreen for whatever reason had taken that moment to activate his holoform. Right under Torryn in the driver's seat.

"Jesus Christ!" Torryn yelped as the familiar but foreign holoform of Smokescreen activated and made it so she was now sitting on his lap.

"Oh, sorry," Smokescreen apologized, not sensing the awkwardness of the situation as he subconsciously wrapped his arms around the cheerleader's waist.

Forcing the impending blush to go away, Torryn cursed while turning back so her head was facing Smokescreen. "Smokescreen," she hissed with embarrassment, not taking note that Smokescreen was still driving his alt mode to the ordering device of the drive-thru. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I thought since I have my holoform now, it was my job to order your food," He explained with a shrug causing Torryn to sigh in exasperation.

"But you don't even know how a drive-thru works!"

"Hello, welcome to Taco Shell, what can I get started for you?" The voice of a tired-sounding teen drifted from the ordering device in the empty drive-thru to Smokescreen whose window was hanging open.

Quickly, Torryn sat straighter causing Smokescreen to inaudibly groan at the foreign feeling coming from his pelvis area. Ratchet had not mentioned anything about that!

"Uhm..." Torryn was quick to scan the menu, her eyes snapping over all the options at what seemed to be the speed of light. "Yeah, can I get an "authority burrito" with a medium coke?"

She shouted, ignoring how Smokescreen's arms around her waist made her feel. Actually, more like how this entire situation made her feel.

"Of course, will that be all?"

Not thinking about it, Torryn asked possibly the most stupid thing in that situation. "You want anything Smokey?"

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry!" She mumbled in embarrassment before turning back to her order. "No that'll be all!"

"Okay, your price is $3.56 at the second window, have a taco-tastic night!"

"Thank you!" Torryn shouted as Smokescreen began rolling up his window, the car slowly lurching forward. "Dude, you got to get rid of your holoform now, the looks we will get if this is how we come to the window..."

Groaning loudly, Smokescreen tilted his head back, his amazing bright blue eyes gleaming with annoyance at not being able to use his holoform. "Fine," he sighed as the holoform fizzled away leaving Torryn to plop back down on the seat, Smokescreen's full attention now in his alt mode.