A new chapter

^Skylar's sports outfit

Skylar's pov:
I moved in with my dad and it was the best decision I have ever made. He helped me become the person I am today. He helped me move on from my past and focus on the present. He helped be happy. He helped me feel loved, but most of he helped me feel wanted like I belong.

I told him about everything, not forgetting to leave a single detail about my past. I told him about all the bullying and the abuse from school and at home. By looking at his face, I knew he was angry because he never knew about it, but I was too afraid to tell him or anyone in fact.

I didn't want him to think he had such a weak daughter, who couldn't defend herself, but most of all I didnt want him to see me in that state. I hate it when people see me as broken and fragile.

I did the one thing I was really good at, hiding the pain. Whenever I saw him all my emotions and physical pain was all hidden away.

Telling my dad about my past was the hardest thing I have ever done. My eyes were tearing up and so was his. Ive never seen my father cry, but seeing him like this shows me he cares. Knowing someone who actually cares about me means the world to me.

My father is the only person I've opened up to. Telling him made me feel so much better. I managed to get it all off my chest and I feel as if I can finally breathe. My father makes me feel secure, safe and protected, something I haven't felt in a long time.

Few weeks later
I've been eating more healthier and lost a lot of weight, which I'm really proud of. I made a lot of progress and I'm more comfortable with my body and being myself.

You see before I was always insecure about myself because everyone called me fat and ugly. I never used to let it get to me, but hearing it from the people who are suppose to love you, it hurt and broke me.

My personality has completely changed. I dont take Shit from anyone anymore, and if anyone says anything, lets just say is doesn't end well for them. The scared little girl I used to be is dead. I killed her, she's never coming back and I became a heartless monster, well that's how people describe me anyways.

My dad took me boxing so I can learn to defend myself. I fell in love with boxing. I love having the control and when I'm fighting all my worries disappear and I just feel so free and its an amazing feeling to have.

On my first few lessons on boxing I managed to pick things up really quick. My trainer calls me a natural and I became the best boxer there. In all my fights I have never lost a single one and I gained the title undefeated and its going to stay that way.

My personality and my strength are not everything thats changed. My looks have changed a lot too. My outfits are more of my style. Instead of wearing baggy shirts and jeans, I wear crop tops, tight jeans, fitted shirts, black combat boots etc.

My clothes show off all of my curves that are in all the right places. I no longer wear glasses, instead I wear contacts, but the clear ones to show my natural eye colour.

You see my eyes are the features I love most about myself and love about other people. Just by looking into someone's eyes I can see what they are thinking and feeling. And no, its not creepy. I'm just really good at reading people.

My favourites colours are black, white and blue. I have a reason to why I like these colours. The colour black reminds me of my dark days where I only see darkness, the only thing thats always been with me, but I also like it because I love the night looking at the lights of the city and seeing the midnight sky.

The color white is because even through my dark days there's always light and looking at the midnight sky I love seeing the stars and the moon glow. Also white is just a clean, pure colour that goes with everything.

Finally, blue is one of favourite colours because its the colour of the sky and ocean and looking at the ocean, hearing the wind create waves causing them to crash down always manages to calm me down. I know I'm weird, but i can't imagine myself any other way...