-7-

A/N: I'm so sorry i haven't been updating on time. Law school is very demanding but i will do my best to have the next chapter out by next week Thursday

~Enjoy

Today was the day of the dinner. I quickly showered and then bathed Xylo and dressed her in a turquoise onsie that made her eyes pop. My parents and I left in the wraith, with dad driving and Trent sitting beside him and mom and I were in the back. I did some online shopping whilst we drove to the venue. Two hours later we parked the car and went into the house and were greeted by the staff. We were going to spend the weekend here since the drive had been a bit long.

Luxane came and took Xylo after greeting my parents and giving me a chaste kiss on the cheek. We were shown our rooms and given a chance to freshen up. I took off my sweats and wore a figure hugging turquoise mini dress that was simple but had the back cut out and draped just above my ass. My red bottoms tied the look together and I tied my hair into a high bun and slicked down my edges. I went with a nude lip and same toned makeup to give a fresh-faced feel.

When I was done, I walked out to the lounge where I saw Luxane relaxed on the sofa with his daughter. My heart melted until Chlamydia walked in and put her dirty paws on my baby. I was about to go and let my thoughts be heard when my dad took my arm in his and led me away and outside. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I smiled. It was nice being away for a bit.

We were all called outside to where supper was to be served. We were in an enclosed garden that had all sorts of flowers surrounding us. It was beautiful. The introductions were made once Luxane's parents arrived. They were pompous as fuck and acted as if they breathed different air than the rest of us to which I rolled my eyes. Fucking sociopaths.

"So, where did you guys meet?" His mother questioned looking between us. Xylo was asleep in her pram which was next to me. Luxane was holding Chlamydia's hand. "On the street we bumped into each other.", I responded. Chlamydia laughed.

"Ah makes sense that you would be working a corner somewhere," she muttered to which Luxane's father laughed and mine rolled his eyes.

"No, actually I had been heart broken and just ended a long-term relationship. Luxane calmed me down when I was crying, we went to Embers for supper and the rest is history."

Huh was all she said. Dinner was served and we all began to eat; the food was pretty good probably made by a chef.

"What do you do for a living?" his father David questioned me.

"I am an interior designer as well as a lawyer."

"An educated black, not bad Lux", his father said to him as if we weren't there. My parents and I looked at each other all in shock. Luxane rolled his eyes.

"Im afraid that this relationship between you and my son wont progress further than this. Your social status is rather low and we are in the upper echelons", said Luxane's mother. Abruptly I put down my eating utensils.

"My mother is a renowned author, look her up, Diane Langford and my father is a highly respected medical doctor who is a majority shareholder at one of the best hospitals in the state Saint Grace Presbyterian. So how exactly are we below you?" I spat at her. She looked taken aback as if she had expected me to swallow her bullshit.

"In fact, you are probably beneath us." I added smugly. She looked like she was ready to jump me. She then fidgeted in her seat a bit and pretended to smooth over her napkin before speaking again.

"Fact remains sweetie that you are black you will always be beneath us, I don't know why slavery ended the order was perfect back then."

"Now we have our own mixing and making mongrels with the slaves or rather former slaves. Dear I'm sure your grandparents were slaves yes?" Questioned David. Nobody said anything after that not even Chlamydia said a thing she looked just as shocked and appalled.