-10-

A/N: Hey guys im so sorry for forgetting to update. I just wanted to let you know that this is one of my favourite chapters up to date, i honestly don't know what i was on when i wrote it but i love it guys hope you will too. Sadly, i am about to start exams so i won't be updating until like end of June. I might try and come up with like a chapter or two in between but no promises. I am in law school so everything is just mad tense. Please don't forget about my book in the interim xxx

6 Months Later

We moved into our new house and developed a new normal. Luxane always helped out with Xylo where he could but he travelled a lot. We were sitting and enjoying dinner at the penthouse. We decided to stay in the penthouse during the week and then in the secluded house on the weekends so that we could physically detach ourselves from work and the bustling city. Luxane owned the building and the people who worked in reception all worked for him too.

"Baby, I need to travel to Seoul. There is some business I need to do with the Koreans. We need to clean the money and the best way to do it is to open up a few shops overseas." I smiled at him wryly.

"I thought I told you I wasn't interested in the details. Next time, all you say is babe I need to go to Seoul illegitimate business. I will be like yes sweets, I want to go with you."

He laughed amused. Xylo was fast asleep in her crib in the lounge. Every now and again I would glance at the tablet that was hooked up to the live cameras watching the house. The ordeal with Luxane's parents took a toll on me.

I was still very much on edge. Luxane went to the study to do some work whilst I cleared up the table. Looking up from doing the dishes I thought I saw a shadow. The setup of the penthouse was that you would walk in and would face the kitchen. There was a balcony infront of the kitchen which connected to the lounge and dining area.

I dropped the sudzed up sponge and went to pick up the tablet to make sure that there was nobody.

It all happened so fast.

Glass shattered all around and I was pulled down by my waist towards the ground roughly. I looked up and saw that it was Luxane. He was firing back at whoever was firing at us. He gave me a look that told me that he would cover me as I went to get our baby and run to his office where there was an emergency exit.

Filipe was waiting for us and hurriedly ushered us out of the building.

"The other tenants are they safe?" I asked him as we exited the building and headed into one of the awaiting Escalades. There were five parked in the street. I immediately knew Luxne was not coming with us.

"Yes, we managed to get everyone out we told them there was a gas leakage. Nobody is near the building," he said to me disturbing my quiet musing.

I nodded, my heart felt heavy for having to leave Luxane but I wasn't going to be one of those whiny bitches that made everything about them so I just complied. We were driving out of town towards either, one of the safehouses or the house. A Porsche Cayenne suddenly sped up to catch up to us and rammed us from behind.

"Fuck!" Yelled Filipe trying to steady the car.

I was clutching to Xylo hard when rapidly gunshots sounded all around the car. I put my world into her bassinet with little ear muffs over her ears. The bassinet had the cover pulled over so she couldn't see or hear anything that was happening around us. I was so grateful for the bulletproof windows but if a lucky shot got our tyres we would be fucked.

How had these people even found us? "You need to take the wheel so that I can fire back", bellowed Filipe. I nodded then took a last glance at Xylo. Filipe got into the passenger seat as I slid into the drivers seat and swerved hard to the right to avoid us crashing.