• 1 •

Zayn was slowly walking to the back of the school. He knew it was the only place he could smoke a blunt without being caught by the teachers. Not that he cared but he was almost got expelled the week before for tagging on his locker, so he needed to play it nice for a week or two.

He took his usual position, back to the wall eyes looking at the sky peacefully. He needed those moments of silence in the place he was living.

- Malik. I knew I would find you here.

He heard a voice coming from the nearest door. He smirked knowing that voice wasn't a teacher's voice. It was Liam Payne, his best and only friend in that hell hole. Liam was the captain of the football team; he was also one of the smartest students but for an unknown reason he took a liking in Zayn two years ago after they talked in the back of the science class.

- What's up Li?

- Not much, my father is on my back because I failed Math. It sucks.

- Yeah well maybe if you weren't constantly talking with that blonde girl you would have better grades.

Zayn said smirking.

- We are just talking because his brother is apparently a huge fan of football. I don't even think she's pretty.

- Tall blonde with blue eyes. What's not to like?

- She's just not my type. Drop it.

Liam cut the conversation short, avoiding Zayn's eyes. It wasn't the first time Zayn tried to match Liam with a girl, but every time Liam said that those girls weren't his type. Zayn was dying to find what Liam's "type" was.

- We have a new English teacher, you know? Apparently, he is a pain in the ass.

- It must be written in the job requirements.

The bell rang, making both boys sigh loudly. At least, they were together in the next class, but unfortunately for them it was English.

They were late already so, no need to fasten the pace. They were almost there when Zayn saw him. Standing in the hallway.

He had that look on his face serious but careless at the same time. He was wearing a black suit with a black a shirt. His short brown curly hair was messily going in all directions, but still he looked like a fucking model and a fucking moron. Who is dressing up like this to teach? Zayn gulped, feeling he wouldn't have it his way with this one.

- Welcome guys. You are exactly .... 4 minutes late. Do you have any excuse?

- No.

Zayn replied for Liam bluntly.

- Alright what's your name?

- Liam Payne Sir...

Liam said quickly before Zayn could put them even more in trouble.

- Malik. Look on your list for the first name you need to put on my detention slip.

Zayn snapped, entering the room, reaching his usual desk. Harry breathed loudly, upset by the teenager's attitude. He closed the door before snapping his hands loudly together, his index in the air against his mouth.

He paused and Zayn couldn't help but stare at his pink mouth helplessly. What the fuck was wrong with him. He shook his head as Mr. Styles, as it was written on the board, started talking about English like it was the most interesting in this world. It didn't take long before Zayn spaced out.

He knew he had to go back home, and it was the last thing he needed to think now. He rubbed his bruised arm through the rigid fabric, looking outside at the empty yard.