• 17 •

Zayn POV

Miserable, that's exactly what I was. Harry... left me. I was lonely... again.

I wandered alone all day, trying to shake the pain and sadness away, but I couldn't.

My heart was broken. Dead. I shakily called Liam knowing I needed to find a place to stay. He didn't answer.

I sighed ... I had nowhere to go except home. There was no chance my dad would let me get away after leaving for so long.

As expected, he immediately cornered me as I walked in.

- Where. Were. You.

- Away.

I said emotionless. I knew exactly what was coming. Of course, he gripped my shoulders pushing me on the wall behind, hitting the back of my head in the process. I was felt dizzy immediately.

- What the fuck are you playing at Zayn? You think your little friends can come here, and hit me, without any consequences?

I didn't care. In that moment, I was hoping for him to beat me up so bad I would wake up at my eighteen birthday with Harry by my side.

- You we're with him? You like to take it in the ass, aren't you?

- Liam is not my boyfriend. Fuck you.

He slapped me across the face making me fall on the floor.

- Stupid little piece of shit. You are a fucking disgrace.

He undid his belt before wipping my back with it again and again. I was doing my best to block him with my hands but my fingers were on fire.

- I can't believe I raised a stupid fag. You shouldn't even be alive. You are just a waste of space.

He kept hitting me everywhere until I couldn't move anymore. I felt numb, my head was hurting, my skin was burning, I felt like dying.

He spitted on me and left the room.

I finally crawled back into my room, trying to stand long enough to see the damage. My face was a dark shade of purple. My bottom lip was busted and my forehead ws bleeding heavily.

The thumb of my right hand felt like it was fractured, and I had a hard time breathing. It was one of the worst beating he ever gave me.

I tried to wash off the blood but it was useless.

I went back to my bed, thinking about Harry and Luke. How I missed them. How I missed his smile, his comfort, him.

I cried and cried until there was no tears left. I knew it would be hard to hide the abuse the next day but I couldn't care less.

I didn't care what could happen to me anymore.

The next day was painful. My head was pounding when I woke up. My face was swollen and my finger was hurting like a bitch.

I decided to put a hoodie on and walked to school after showering painfully. I couldn't stay home. I had no will to stay in that house any longer.

I did my best to hide my face all day but I knew Harry would surely see it eventually.

He don't care, Zayn. Stop it.

I walked down the hall until my eyes land on Harry who was as usual greeting the kids out of his classroom.

He looked like shit. His hair was all over the place and he was clearly tired.

My eyes immediately drifted to the floor when his eyes moved toward me. I pushed my hoodie down as much as possible and hide my face the best that I could. Ignoring his stare as I walk in the room.

The whole class Harry looked distracted. He looked lost and absent.

When the bell rang, I tried to leave as fast as possible, before Harry could stop me.

I ran to my house crying. It was too hard to face him like that. I missed him so much.

When I got to my street, something immediately caught my eye.

It was police cars, they were parked right in front of my house. My dad was yelling and shouting, handcuffed and escorted by two police officers.

- Zayn?! You fucking call the cops!? You will get it son. I will kill you.

The officer pushed him into the car as I stood there, not fully understanding what was happening.

- Zayn?

A woman I never seen before asked.

- Yeah .. that's me. Sorry miss but what is happening? Where are you taking my father.

- One of your teachers reported your father for physical abuse today... against you.

-  Who? What teacher?!

- M. Harry Styles. He called us not so long ago saying that you confessed to him being abused by your father. Since it's his obligation as a teacher to report any kind of abuse, he told us. From what I can see, it's the truth.

She said, pointing to my face. Harry. He bretayed me. He called the police and told them. I was trusting him. I can't believe he did that.

The rest of the day went on in a blur. They asked me if I had family who could take me in and I said that my father was my only family. I hated the look of pity in the woman's eyes when I talked about the abuses.

They took pictures of my injuries, probably one of the most humiliating moment of my life.

They left me alone in a room for a while before coming back.

- Good news Zayn, we found someone who is willing to take you in.

- Who?

I asked, worried I would end up changing school.

- The parents of your best friend, Liam are willing to take you in until you turn eighteen. Your teacher called them to explain the situation. They said that you are more than welcome in their house. They will be here shortly to pick you up.

A part of me was happy to get to live with my best friend but the other part of me was disapointed that Harry wasn't the one who offered to take me in.

Before I could think about it, I was crying again. After a while Liam got here with his parents and Louis.

- Come on Zee, let's bring you back to a real home.