• 5 •

---
Zarry, zarry, zarry ❤️
---

Zayn POV

The next morning at school, I knew I would have to face everyone with my bruised face and my fucked up hands. Liam gave me painkillers before leaving his house but it wasn't enough.

- Mr. Malik, for once, I would appreciate if you could follow in my class.

Mr. Monroe, my English teacher stated as I was avoiding writing what he asked for like plague.

- If you are not interested, I will ask you to leave and go to the head master office.

- Alright.

I picked up my pen and my books and left, telling Liam we would see each other later. Liam hated that side of me, the side everybody else knew. The bad boy side.

Of course, I didn't go to the head master office. I wandered around school for a while before walking up to Mr. Styles class. He had a group of younger students in. He was explaining something about a book, his deep voice resonating with so much passion through the walls. I found myself just standing there, captivated by his perfect pink lips moving slowly.

It's only when he saw me through the window that I realized that I was fucking creepy standing there observing him during class when I wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place.

He said something to the class quickly and walked toward the door. It was already too late to escape, so I tried to act casual about it.

- Zayn? What is that on your face? You fought again?

- None of your business Harry.

I replied, dodging his question.

- Here, it's Mr. Styles for you. Then, what are you doing here?

- I ... was wondering.... how is Luke?

He looked at me skeptically, not entirely sure why I was asking questions about his son.

- OK. So let me resume that. You left one of your class, to stare at me through a window until you can have the possibility to ask me how my son, that you saw for two minutes, is feeling when we have a class together tomorrow morning. It's crystal clear...

- Yeah, exactly. The kid is nice.

- Well Luke is fine. He talked about you last night. He enjoyed meeting a "friend" of dad. We don't see much people.

- Why's that?

His green eyes observed me for a moment like he was trying to look inside of my head.

- We are new in the city.

Was the only information he gave.

- Zayn, seriously who did that to you? If you're in trouble you can tell me.

I shook my head no, walking backward, letting him know that I would never tell him.

Just before I could leave he took my hand to keep me there but I retracted it like I touched fire.

That's when he saw my hands.

- Zayn!

- Leave me alone.

- No no no no no. You tell me who did this to you.