• 16 •

Zayn POV

Family was something I never really experienced. My dad was never a dad. When I woke up the next morning to the sound of Harry singing with Luke in the kitchen, I just thought about how this was my true family. Somewhere I belonged, finally.

I walk to the kitchen to find Harry wearing nothing but underwear dancing and singing in a spoon while Luke is laughing hard, holding his stomach. I couldn't help but admire Harry's voice. I didn't know he could sing so well. 

He finished and bow down under the applause.

- Wow. I'm actually impressed.

- Daddy is the best singer in the universe.

Luke stated, lifting his tiny arms to show Harry his appreciation. Harry put the eggs in different plates with bacon. He served Luke and I before sitting with his own plate beside me.

This breakfast meant so much to me. I didn't know what it was but all this made me feel happy. The door bell rang loudly when we were almost done.

- Zayn could you get the door, it's probably the package I am waiting for. I will clean Luke during that time.

- Sure!

They disappeared in the bathroom before I reach the door. Let's say that it wasn't Fedex.

It was Jason. He was standing there holding a bouquet of roses. I knew these weren't for me, but for Harry.

- What the fuck are you doing here fucking psycho?

- I'm here to see my kid and my boyfriend.

I closed the door trying to block the sound of his voice from Harry.

- Harry is MY boyfriend, and you are crazy if you think that he still want you. Leave before I call the cops.

- Oh I would love to see you explain them how you are sleeping in your teacher's bed.

I was about to answer when I heard Harry's voice behind me.

- Zayn, pack your things and leave. Go to Liam's house. Go somewhere you are safe and I'll call you later. I'll take care of this.

- No! No, no, no, no. I'm not leaving you or Luke with him. There's no way it will happen Harry.

- Zayn...

He took my hands in his.

- I need you to go right now. I will call you later. You need to trust me.

He looked at me with pleading eyes. I hated the way he was pushing me out like I was some kind of fragile creature. I'm not, I should be his man. The one who protect him, not a kid under his watch even if I was younger.

I went back inside and told Luke where to hide and put my number on speed dial.

- If something goes wrong with the monster Luke, you take Batman with you, you hide here and you push this button. I will come and save you from him, alright? Can you remember that? He won't hurt your daddy or you I promise.

I kissed the top of his head telling him that everything would be alright.

I shoulder bumped Harry on my way out but before I left, I stopped right in front of Jason.

- If you even think about touching one of them in any inappropriate way, I will burn you alive, slowly and painfully, until your disgusting face is nothing but ashes. Got it?

I stated calmly, leaving without a word for Harry. I was upset but most of all I was worried. Why did he asked me to leave? Like Jason was more important than me. I texted Liam, telling him I needed a place to stay.

He didn't answered so I went straight to his house. I knock twice and Louis answered.

- Hey mate... what happened to your face?

- Long story... where's Liam?

- He left to go to his new friend's house you know...Niall.

- Niall? Really? Fuck... I needed a place to stay.

- You can stay here if you want to ... I wasn't doing much today anyway. It gets lonely around here.

I was so worried about Harry and Luke that I put my cellphone on full volume just in case they called.

- Are you sure you are alright Zayn?

It just couldn't take it anymore, I fell in Louis arms in tears.

- What's wrong? Did something happened between Liam and you?

- No... Li and I are fine.

- Ok... I thought you guys might have break up or something.

I eyed Louis curiously. He never knew something was up between Liam and I.

- What are you trying to say Louis?

- Ok tell me the truth....

- I think you should talk about it with Liam.

- I don't get why he is hiding it from me. I'm not stupid, I can tell by the way he is looking at you.

My phone rang loudly in my pocket and I was happy to see Harry's number on the screen even if I was mad at him. I walked to another room to talk in private with him.

- Hey! How you ok?

- Yeah, yeah. I'm fine.

- You don't look fine Harry.

- I... I'm so sorry. I don't want you to be mad at me. I was scared. I can't let you or Luke get hurt.

- Where is Jason?

- He left sortly after you did.

- Did he hurt you?

- I'm fine.

- It wasn't the question Harry. Did he hurt Luke or you?

- He didn't. He just said mean things and left.

- This can't go on Harry. You need to call the cops.

- He knows about us Zayn. He will tell if we don't break up.

- What are you saying? You're breaking up with me?

- Zayn you know I don't have any other choice. He could send me to jail and he would end up having Luke's full custody.

- Harry don't do this.

- We have to Zayn. Until you are eighteen. After we will be free.

- Fuck you Harry.

I said. Hanging up to his face, falling in pieces as I did.