Heartbroken

Jane's POV

What the heck is wrong with me?! How could I use my gift against my own BROTHER?! LOVE?! Ugh! I'm so stupid! A knock on the door interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Jane? It's Demetri." said the voice.

"Come in." I said, my voice hoarse from crying.

He came in and shut the door behind him.

"Hey...what happened between you and Alec? You guys have never fought. Not once in your two thousand years as a vampire." he said, utterly confused.

"I-I don't know. I was upset about Aaron because I dreamt of him raping me. Then Alec was teasing me playfully, not knowing, and I guess I just lost it." I whispered the last part.

"Well, you better make amends with him soon." he said, sighing.

"I know." I croaked.

"Come on, I'll go with you." he said standing up.

I shake my head.

"I need to do this by myself." I said.

He nodded and walked out. I slowly got up and walked towards Alec's room, putting my hand on the door knob, 'surprised' that the it was locked. Thankfully, I had the key. I unlocked the door, taking a deep breath and opening it. It was empty. My eyes landed on a piece of paper on the bed, instantly panicking and grabbing it.

To whom this may concern,

I have left the Volturi in hopes of finding a new and better life for myself. I know I probably sound really selfish but it is for the best. To Felix, thanks for always being there for me. Demetri, you were a constant partner and I ask that you please don't try to track me. Master Caius, thanks for well...I don't know how to explain it. But thank you. Master Marcus, I'm sorry for your depressing stories. Thank you though, for treating me and my sister well. Master Aro, thank you for being the best father I could ask for. To Heidi, please wear clothes that cover your area more. Chelsea, love your jokes. To Renata, thank you for constantly protecting my father and the rest of the masters along with the guard. Madame Sulpicia, keep my father in constant happiness and I hope that you two get along very well forever. Madame Athenodora, keep Caius happy, even if he doesn't show it. To Jane..thank you for being my constant friend, partner, and supporter. I love you.

Farewell, and last wishes

Alec

Tears brimmed my eyes, threatening to fall. My eyes traveled to the Volturi crest and a box on the bed. Slowly picking it up and opening it, my eyes widened, and guilt flushed through me once again. It was a ring. With a note.

I was going to propose to you tonight. But it didn't happen. But thank you for everything.

I screamed and fell on the floor, heartbroken. Everyone filed into the room and looked at the notes, eyes widening in shock. A couple of dry sobs broke out from random directions. 

"Oh my..." said Aro.