Happiness

Jane's POV

A knock on the door disturbed Alec and I's little make out session. I growled in annoyance and quickly dressed, Alec just steps behind me. I opened the door and saw Felix, smirking at us. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. 

"What do you want Felix?" I asked, irritably.

"Sorry to disturb your little tranquil make out session but we just received new from Irina that the Cullens have created an immortal child."

This immedialty peaked my interest.

"Really? And Aro confrimed it?" asked Alec, just as curious as I was.

"Yeah. Aro read all of Irina's thoughts and what she said was true. We will go check on them when the snow sticks. The entire guard and even the wives are going."

The entire guard AND the wives?! Woah. This must be serious.

"Aro wants everyone to meet in the throne room immediately. He sent me to fetch the two of you." he said.

Alec and I nodded, closing the door and dressing in the Volturi uniform. We opened the door and Felix led us to the throne room, where two humans opened the door for us. Aro's attention shifted towards us, smiling as we entered the room.

"My dear children, you have arrived. Good. Everyone is here."

"We are sorry to keep everyone waiting." Alec and I said in sync.

"That is alright." said Aro.

We took a seat in our thrones and looked over the lower guards. Aro stood up and paced around the room.

"My dear ones, the Cullens have apparently created an immortal child....disobeying our laws. Therefore, they must be punished. I just may be able to get little Alice, Edward, and Bella to join us." said Aro smiling widely.

Ugh. Bella. Gross much? 

"We will attack when the snow sticks onto the ground." informed Aro.

Everyone bowed, signaling their approval. Aro dismissed everyone and turned to face us.

"Dear brothers and children....any ideas on how to attack?" asked Aro.

"That little pixie will see us coming for sure. We need to find a way to get past her vision." hissed Caius.

"Very true brother." said Aro.

"Brother....was the child impulsive and aggressive? What if this wasn't an immortal child....but a hybrid?" said Marcus, to all of our surprise.

Aro seemed a little troubled by this proposal.

"Well....we'll see when we get there won't we?" he mumbled.

Aro excused Alec and I, still in deep thought about what Marcus said. We walked to the garden just as the sun was setting. Alec seemed unnaturally nervous for some unknown reason. But I was about to find out. One way or another.

"Alec...what is troubling you?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He turned around and gulped.

"N-nothing." he stuttered.

"You're pretty bad at lying dear Alec. Tell me." I prompted.

He didn't do anything. He just dragged me to the corner of the garden where dozens of candles lit the gazebo, shining like fireflies. Black roses covered the tables, blood in glasses and bottles. At the center of the table, there was a picture of me and Alec...the same one that I gave him on the day that he forgave me.... Tear filled my eyes. Alec smiled and took me to a seat, sitting me down and standing in front of me. 

"What is all this for?" I whispered.

He smiled and got down on one knee, pulling out a black velvet box.

"Jane Volturi, you are the most amazing girl I know, my light in dark, my angel in hell. You were always forgiving towards me, and only showed me your true self. Your only soft spot was me and vice versa. I love you with all my heart and I would be your partner for lives to come. My favorite night was when you gave yourself to me completely and we made love. But make that night my second favorite night by agreeing to marry me right now, right here." he spoke in complete harmony.

For the second time tonight, tears of happiness filled my eyes and I furiously nodded my head.

"Yes, YES! I will. I love you Alec!" I exclaimed.

He smiled widely and put the diamond ring on my left hand, picking me up and spinning me round and round, laughing. He kissed me gently, but with all the passion in the world. From nowhere, clapping and laughter filled the air. I turned towards my right and saw the entire Volturi there. The masters were smiling at us. The guards were wolf whistling and laughing. The wives were dabbing away their tears of happiness. I looked up at my love and kissed him once again.