'Special' Move

Jane's POV

Ugh. It was this day again. My birthday. Well...technically, it's Alec's birthday too. I wish he was here. The thought of him brought venom tears back into my eyes. No. I will not be weak. As I walked into the party, I saw a hooded figure in the corner of the ballroom. Hm. How strange. It was rare that Aro would invite someone that I didn't know to my birthday. I walked up to Aro, who was drinking a glass of blood with Marcus, and gently tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and smiled at me, giving me a big hug.

"How can I help you Jane?" he asked after releasing me.

"Umm..father...who is that?" I asked, pointing to the hooded figure.

He cocked his head and squinted his eyes.

"Why I don't know dear. It could possibly be one of the Romanians but I didn't invite any." he said, confused.

I nodded and walked towards the man just as Aro was waving Felix and Demetri over. He was about to turn away from me as I grabbed his wrist.

Alec's POV

Jane grabbed my wrist and I felt a jolt of electricity run through me. I craved her touch and soft lips for so long.

"Who are you and why did you come uninvited?" she hissed.

I couldn't tell her that it was me. I just couldn't. I wasn't ready to face her.....yet.

"My name is not of your concern, Princess Jane." I spoke with my English accent.

Jane furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why does your accent sound so familiar? Have we met before? Take off your hood." she ordered.

Aw, hell no. I was still the Prince of Volterra and no offense but I am in a higher rank than she is.

"No." I stated simply.

Jane looked furious.

"No? No?! Who do you think you are to reject a Volturi member, nonetheless the Princess?!" he exclaimed in utter fury. 

Just on cue, two hands grabbed my arms and forced me to kneel in front of Jane. One of them tried to rip off my hood but I did a backwards flip, twisting their arms back. Everyone looked astonished. Only Volturi members were taught that trick.

Jane's POV

What the hell?! This random hooded person shows up to MY birthday ball, disrespects ME, and knows how to take down two trained VOLTURI members?! What the heck?!

"Where did you learn to do that?" asked Aro, clearly as confused as I was.

"I self taught." he said.

I rolled my eyes. That was obviously a lie. Alec came up with that move back when he was still....alive. 

"I clearly doubt that. One of the Volturi members, my twin, came up with that move and no one but the Volturi members were taught that move so unless you have been spying on us or are part of the Romanian Coven, I don't see how you would've learned that move." I said.

He chuckled darkly.

Alec's POV

I really should've chosen a different technique. But NO. I just had to choose the Volturi's signature move. I just had to.