Chapter 5 - The Hook-up

Sunday, October 14th

     Jesse could vaguely recall some of the things that happened the night before. Like Calix being glued to Francesca's lips, and Axel's drunk whining about Donna, and the fact she wasn't in the club when he had gathered enough courage to tell her he wanted her back.

But mostly, the fact that Jesse hadn't been able to locate Yoni either and eventually went to Unity in the hopes of finding a guy to hook up with.

And how he found Yoni and Donna in there, dancing together.

After Yoni confessed to him how she thought she was possibly gay, and he had confessed he was gay himself, things quickly became blurry and vague.

He knew Yoni had thought it was funny they were both probably gay, and she had suggested to meet up the next day to talk about their relationship. It made Jesse nervous, mostly because he didn't feel like hooking up while his fake girlfriend was there to see everything. Even if he later spotted her kissing Donna.

He had resolved in hanging at the bar, drinking his sorrows away.

The fact the bartender had given him most of the drinks for free hadn't helped with his already wasted state when he entered Unity, let alone how bad it was when he left again. Which was a part that he didn't really remember anymore.

All he knew was when he woke up in the morning, he was naked and laying in a bed in a room he had never seen before. He saw his clothes neatly folded on a chair in the far-right corner of the room, and since they were just laying there, Jesse wasn't sure if something had happened in the early hours of the day.

Usually he at least remembered some parts. Usually he found his clothes scattered around the room, after a hurriedly undressing session with another hook-up.

But his clothes gave no hints away, and neither did his mind. The only thing he knew was that he had a huge hangover, and his throat was dry like sandpaper.

In a close distance, he heard a shower running, and there were sounds of clattering pots and pans. Still, it gave him no hints of where he was, and who had taken him home.

He rushed to get dressed—he always got awkward being naked while sober—and went on a search to find his phone and wallet. He hoped he hadn't lost them, since that would freak his father out even further. Jesse did not want to push his buttons even more in the current situation.

And with situation he meant the fact he was in no way planning on getting his tattoo removed, so a new fight with his father would only be a matter of days.

While he was searching the bedroom, he found his wallet under the chair. But then the shower turned off and Jesse got up, wondering if he should just leave without his phone. He wasn't really up for a meeting with a guy he couldn't even remember.

So, he left, in a hurry, avoiding the person who was busy bustling around the kitchen by sneaking out. It wasn't as if Jesse had no experience sneaking out quietly. While he hurried quietly through a part of the living room, he noticed pictures on a shelve, and recognized the cute bartender who gave him all those drinks for free, in one of the two guys. They looked a lot like each other, and Jesse figured they were brothers.

Which could mean there was a brother or parental figure lurking around that could bust him any second, giving him an even better reason to get the hell out before he was busted.

Luckily Jesse knew Yoni well enough to know where she would want to meet to talk, and as soon as he left the apartment, and the building overall, he got on his bike and rode towards Shakespeare's; Yoni's favourite diner.