Chapter 7 - The Confrontation

Tuesday, October 16th

     "They don't know, do they?" Loek's voice sounded close behind Jesse, while he thought he was the last one in the showers. It made him jump in his spot a bit, and he—how typically—dropped his body wash.

A modern version of dropping soap, and Jesse couldn't help but roll his eyes over his own clumsiness.

"No, they don't. And I want to keep it that way." Jesse turned around, refusing to pick up his soap in front of Loek.

A naked Loek.

Well, damn. Not only did he look good due to his facial features, he had a hot body too.

"Was that why you hadn't been in Unity before?" Loek asked, casually walking towards a free shower without even so much as look at Jesse's body while Jesse allowed himself to shamelessly check Loek out.

"Can you keep quiet? What if they hear you?"

"They want to the canteen." Loek shrugged. "That crush of yours was half-complaining that you were even slower than usual today."

"My crush?" Jesse froze in his spot again, while he felt his face heat up. "Did I... tell you about him?"

"You kinda couldn't stop whining about him." Loek chuckled. "Don't you remember?"

"Honestly, I have no idea what happened after I found my girlfriend kissing another girl."

"Oh, right. Yoni." Loek nodded, not at all mocking him in any way. He was dead-serious, and pretending as if they had known each other for years and it was logical he knew all of these things. "Did you guys break up?"

"No, we didn't."

"Aha."

"That's all?" Jesse frowned, feeling safe enough to pick up the Axe body wash now that Loek wasn't as close any more.

"What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know." Jesse shrugged, and turned his back towards Loek. But after seconds, he felt uncomfortable with him behind him, so he turned back around again, noticing Loek was checking him out while he hadn't been watching. "What happened? Why did I end up in your bed?"

"Initially you wanted to hook up. But you were too wasted, and you didn't give me a clear answer about where you lived. Just said you didn't want to go home and..." Loek shrugged. "Let's just say you were pretty talkative. But it's part of being a bartender. Drunk people tell me a lot during work."

"Do you take all of them home?"

"No, just the cute ones."

Jesse swallowed away the lump in his throat, while they made eye contact. He didn't know why it affected him as much as it did to have Loek staring at him the way he did.

As if he wanted to jump him, and Jesse wasn't sure he was going to stop him if he did. Loek was a great looking guy.

"So, what did I tell you?" Jesse eventually asked after an awkward silence. "Nothing too embarrassing I hope?"

What if he had told Loek too much? What if Loek would tell his friends about him? Whatever it was he had told him in his drunk state of mind. He needed to be sure he could trust Loek, and in that moment, he wasn't really sure he could. There was something about Loek that was different. Something made him different from everyone he had met so far.

Well, Calix was one of a kind, but in a good way.

About Loek? He wasn't so sure.

"Enough to know you keep a lot of shit hidden from your friends. Including that crush on Calix. Though, now that I've met him, I kind of understand why you're obsessed with his attention. I wouldn't mind doing him."