Chapter 14 - The Kiss

Saturday, October 20th

    After Calix had stormed off, Jesse really didn't feel like going back in. He wasn't in the mood for more arguing, and he figured they would get over it soon enough. He had plenty of fights with Calix before. They never lasted longer than a few days, depending on how long it took for them to see each other. The longest fight they ever had, had been a week during vacation.

Jesse couldn't even remember what the fight was about. All he knew was that it was similar to the fight they just had. Calix would every so often stand up for Jesse, while Jesse hadn't asked him to do so.

And this time, Jesse got angry because Yoni was visibly upset by his verbal attack. Calix had no right to meddle in things. Jesse and Yoni had their own arrangement and as long as the two of them were fine with what the other did, Calix had no right to attack her about anything.

Besides, after Calix left, and Jesse, Arnold and Yoni went the other way, Arnold had explained he has a boyfriend, and he was just helping Yoni out with her mixed feelings about her relationship with Jesse, and her feelings for Donna.

He was just being her friend.

Jesse had tried to shake off the anger while they headed over to Unity, first of all because Yoni wanted to go and look for Donna, and secondly because neither of them felt like meeting up with their group of friends and see Calix that soon after their argument.

Jesse wanted the whole world to stop for a while, so he could take a break from all the drama and rest. Just about two days worth of sleep would do him good. But he knew that wasn't a possibility for the time being, since he did have obligations like soccer and school.

And both were situations in which he would see Calix, and soccer was a thing that kept reminding him of the fact that he wasn't living at home at the moment, since he now rode to soccer with Loek instead of Axel and Calix.

Which probably was another reason why Calix felt the need to worry over him.

But Jesse had to admit, when he entered Unity, found Donna so she could cheer up Yoni, and ditched Arnold—because, if he was being completely honest, he didn't really like Arnold—he headed over to the bar.

At first, Loek smiled widely when he noticed him, but then he started frowning, and Jesse figured his face gave away the fact that he was annoyed and maybe a bit angry.

"What happened?" Loek asked, still continuing to get other people their drinks.

"Calix was being a dick." Jesse shrugged, sighed, and sat down on a bar stool. "I think I might just go home."

"Don't let him ruin your evening," Loek told him with a smirk on his face. "What happened? Did he turn you down?"

"What? No!" Jesse scowled, before he let out a laugh. "I would never hit on him. It's a dream—one that isn't going to come true."

"If you say so."

"You disagree?" Jesse frowned, and took the beer Loek offered him, handing him some money in return.

"Who says he isn't in the closet?" Loek asked before he shrugged. "It happens more often. Take you, for instance. Nobody expects you to be gay. Yet, here you are."

"Calix isn't gay, and he's probably one of those rare cases that ends up marrying his highschool sweetheart and everything." Jesse placed his arms on the bar, yet again sighing. "Can we not talk about him? I'm kind of angry."

Loek agreed, and for about an hour, Jesse entertained himself by either sitting at the bar, or dancing with Yoni and Donna, when suddenly, Loek was beside him.