6. Meeting

Elizabeth Meyer

My sleep yesterday was a nightmare. Left, right, attention...... No use. As usual I woke up no... Got up from my bed and did my routines and decided to go to my Eden. Thank God Ny is not a morning person. I work as her alarm clock. She didnt caught me yet. I'm not planning to keep it from her anymore.I will tell her today.

Since I didn't get any sleep last night I was a bit tired. I ate an apple on the way but it didnt do any good. May be if I breathe some fresh air I might feel good and okay.
Once I reached the place I decided to take a stroll. Hugging the trees...admiring the peeping sky.....
Humming along with birds....

It was noisy due to leaves swaying birds chirping and the breeze yet serene. My tiredness was far gone. I was in a tranquil state. Breathing in pure oxygen was a bonus. I dont know how far I walked...... But I know where I am heading to. The scarlet oak. I was surprised and shocked when I first saw the tree that stood alone. Yes the realisation hit me right in my head. The same one I saw in my dreams for how many times I dont know. Its not that I havent seen scarlet oak but the one right out of my dreams.... identical one...
I didn't come here by chance. Not for nothing...
I was just brought in to the place because of my fate.. I think. A person who had the same dreams for years and had to endure the strange repercussions of it then seeing the exact one in your dreams before your eyes will surely believe in fate...destiny or whatever it is.
I did a sigh to relieve myself from the thoughts and took a deep breath to calm myself... Suddenly my mind got alert. I began to search for it. The mint plant....not even a leaf was visible. Then where did it come from. The fragrance of mint. Even though mint has a pungent smell, I love it. But this fragrance.... The mint is subdued by the woody scents. Is it because I am in the middle of trees.... No... I have been here for almost two weeks and never I had a whiff of this scent other than a faint mint smell on the day one.

My body began to warm up... Usually it gets cold when I feel someones gaze on me. The hood dropped down when I brushed my hair with my hands. My eyes went to every direction... I could hear my heart pounding. My mind pronounced the words I had in my mouth. Run.....
I ran this fast that an ordinary person wont trace me.... I hid behind the Oak.I hugged the tree inorder to support me. I was panting.. For a second I felt the whole mess is solved. At the next second my nostrils was being chased by the most delicious scent I have ever had. I couldnt move an inch. I tried peeking from behind the tree while my hands still hugging the trunk.
A shiver ran through my spine when the sound waves hit my ear drums creating the  soothing voice....It was raspy though.....

"Hey I caught you. You can..... come out "
I was caught....what to do??? What else..... Face it...
I sighed....
I removed my hands from the tree trunk. I started fidgeting with my fingers and my face down.... I pushed myself infront. Again I took a deep breath. As soon as the scent mixed with oxygen entered into my system ....it balanced everything inside me.... A new found peace,comfort, strength and confidence enveloped my whole body and mind. I raised my head from the ground to my eye level. But I only reached his broad chest. Next I raised my gaze very slowly to meet his.
I felt the moment paused for a second or more. The caramel gold eyes locked with mine and ....the key..... is lost. No intention to move. Never I gazed on to any man this long. Will there be another one??. This is the first time I am seeing this man but he is no stranger. Even his eyes caressed me. The warmth spread into my whole being.
He made some small movements that I raised my eyebrows upwards in worry. As now I am out to reality. I took another deep breath for the nth time in an hour or so.
He has crossed his arms over his chest. Interrogation mode I think.
But I didnt give him a chance...

"Hi. I am Elizabeth Meyer"

to my shock I introduced myself for the first time to a stranger beforehand. His lips curved upwards for a sec.
"I am Neil Edwin Anderson ......... I own this place "
He entered the matter with simple introduction...
I tried to laugh but it was a vain attempt...
"Nice to meet you Mr. Anderson.... Oh this place is awesome "
Another attempt to lighten the atmosphere.
He sighed "Thank you... But..."
I didn't let him continue
"I tresspassed your land. I know its illegal. I am guilty.....and I am.... "
This time he didnt let me continue
"How long ..........have you been.... here?"
"Me?"that was my sudden reaction to his question. How come he know that I have been here for long. Was he watching me from the beginning. No its not possible.
He cleared his throat to get my attention. He raised his eyebrows like he demanded an answer. I cant lie and I don't like too.
"I..... I...... Almost two weeks I think"
He nodded like he already knew the answer but wanted to confirm it. I am feeling more and more guilty now that my face fell as I am totally disappointed in me like a full blown balloon is struck with a pin.
"how did you get inside?......
Not through the proper entrance for sure"
Now I am in an extremely awkward position......
I sighed again....
"The fencing over there is broken..."
I wanted to facepalm.... I am sweating... Oh God let the ground swallow me. He startled me as he took two steps forward and in real concern
"you fine.....its dangerous to get inside through a broken fence"
I nodded yes... I cant let this continue. I want to admit my fault.

"I am sorry Mr. Anderson..... I am extremely disappointed in myself , I tresspassed into your place for so long and created this inconvenient situation. I assure you that it wont be repeated and please ....dont report this to the authority. " It sounded like a formal written apology.
Total embarrassment......
Fair or not everything was done.
Irrevocable...............sigh
My face fell again. Waiting for his reply
"you know this place well. Did you?"
I raised my head again.....
"Almost.....I think..... I have been to the lake side... Seen the building but never entered..... never been to the front entrance..." I was surprised at my own response. I gave him all the details without a second thought and casually like I know him for years. His eyes were on mine but he was thinking....

"As you said tresspassing is illegal.For two weeks....But I will let it slide if you do me a favour."
I was desperate to get out of my guilt.
"Anything in my hand" I replied

"what are you doing now.  academically "
" freshman in fine arts. Just joined the uni. Two weeks more to start the class. "
Now it was not a curved lips but a small smile.

" You have seen the building. Its too old but strong. It has numerous rooms......... I need every details regarding the repairments and updations needed for each one. In short I need a helper cum assistant for two weeks until I appoint one with right qualification. You are familiar with this place. It will be easy for you. I dont want to waste my time on it. Do .you. ........  have any problems"
Grasping such a long information in such an exasperating situation took me some time. Still it was bit confusing....
"why me??? I  am not even a graduate to become an assistant to a billionaire like you Mr. Anderson" I can guess he is a billionaire. Afterall he owns this acres of land in here. Not a small thing.
He cleared his throat " Its not a big deal Miss Elizabeth. Its just some simple chores. Graduation is not needed. And you're majoring in fine arts can be some help to me. But If you're not interested then..... "
No I don't want to be a bad person. Afterall I am guilty. He is giving me an opportunity to be guilt free.

"I am interested Mr. Anderson.... I can assure you my complete diligence. ...but..... I have a doubt though......
Do. you .trust .me after what I did"
He didnt think twice to reply
"ofcourse Miss Elizabeth. I am a successful businessman. I can see through people "
I am relieved. Now I have a wide smile from ear to ear. Even my eyes were smiling. A stranger trusting me meant a lot to me. Weird....

"I need your contact number. "
I gave him my phone number. He made a call in my mob. I saved his number as Mr. Anderson. He put his phone back into his track pants pocket. He then forwarded his hands for a handshake. His right hand.... I didnt wait...forwarded my right hand. At the very moment when the peaks and valleys of my palm perfectly befitted into his big one.... small fireworks started to hit my every nerves like blood flow creating goosebumps. My gaze shifted from our hands to his eyes in just a flick . His caramel gold eyes shining bright and into mine.

The sparks did wonders in my body. But never I felt to withdraw my hands from him instead it glued more. The enticing scent and the magical touch created a blissful smile which turned out to be contagious coz he was smiling too........

*         *          *

Sorry for the very late update.

The story crossed 100 reads.

Thank you my unknown readers.
And please continue supporting me....
Please do
Read- the story
Vote- if you like
Comment-  it means a lot to me and
Share