9. Handsome & Perfect

Elizabeth Meyer

First day of my work went quiet fast than I expected. I thought the day will be too long to end. But the time passed swiftly and easily. I did some grossery shopping after work before heading to home. Ny will be waiting for me. We decided to hangout this evening together. There is this one popular band live in concert taking place at the open stadium near the university. Our parents gifted the tickets. The performance will start at 8.30 and will go on... Its a saturday eve...

When I  opened the door to the apartment with the spare key Ny was laying down in the couch watching TV..... Flipping through the channels ...actually... She is not a fan of TV.. She switched off the TV and dropped the remote on the table and excitedly came over to me. She gave me a side hug that shows how much she missed me.
She took the shopping bags from me to keep it in the kitchen and me went towards my room. I was in desperate need of a cold shower to freshen up myself.

Wearing a comfortable pyjama bottom and top I went to kitchen to grab something to eat. I gaped at the sight before me. My Blondie made the biggest ever effort in her life..... I  must say it was looking way delicious.... She is a foodie but never made even a bowl of cereals till date. The biggest effort so far is to pour some hot water into the bowl of instant noodles. Now .... before me was a feast in comparison.
Two plates with perfectly cooked and cut into cubes ready to eat garlic butter steak with baked potatoes and cheesy scrambled eggs. Delicious for the eyes ....and for taste buds..Mmmmm...I probably should try it.
I could see from my peripheral view that she was squirming.... Is she nervous. OMG she is nervous....a rare view.... I miss my Ny... Ok lets end this awkward situation...

Slowly I settled myself on the chair.
Everything was neatly arranged as in a restaurant.
"For overall look and arrangements 10/10..."
I gave her score. She deserved it. She took some steps forward now standing before me next to the chair opposite to me.
Pretending like a master chef I glanced at her while picking a fork. Her eyebrows raised to the maximum and was biting her lips. I poked a steak cube with my fork and placed it in my mouth. I closed my eyes took my time to chew it and finally swallowed it. Then a spoon full of scrambled eggs with some baked potatoes .... I made a low moan of satisfaction.... I was planning to make a fake one at the end but seriously she made it happen. It was dramatic... Sometimes eating a normal breakfast can give you much more satisfaction than any exotic cuisine.  Hunger makes everything taste better than anything....

She went to fridge and took a can of apple juice and pour it into a glass and passed it to me. I took it and drank it. She was looking very much forward for me to announce the result.
"mmmm.... If you had given the steak another five more minutes in the skillet...." I paused dramatically. My voice filled with disappointment.... If I had my mobile handy I would have taken a pic of Ny's dropped down face that is rare to see. I chuckled inwardly and continued my announcement with the most enthusiastic voice I could ever sound in a sing song way...
"It could have been burned and trust me this is perfect for me and the potatoes are mmmmm crispy skin and soft in and the cheesy scrambled eggs woah.... I'm literally drooling and I'm going to devour it. Give me company... "

And with that Ny squealed happily and placed herself in chair and started devouring her food. We didnt speak until we ate it completely. We burst out laughing after our plate was clean. After we done with the dish we sat on the couch....

"seriously Liz.... How was my attempt..?? "

when it comes to cooking she was never confident nor she was interested.

"was that an attempt?...  Trust me Ny that was a win.....you were never interested in cooking"

She took a small pillow and hugged it
"I was bored to the core... Without you my life is just a waste. Then I thought you will be hungry so I just checked on some easy recipes on YouTube and did.... It was your first day of work. I just want to startle you with mine. Ok now tell me... How was your day and no one word answer. I want the details. We have so much time left till the concert and ......I miss chatting with you. " the last sentence she said childishly pouting her lips in action and giving me a quick hug.