10. Guitar, Her and Me

Neil Edwin Anderson

It was difficult to walk away when she was still there and still gazing at you. Turning around multiple times didn't help much.I could feel the warmth of her gaze until I was out of her sight. I dont know how I suppressed the desire to look at her again and again. She has conquered me and ruling my heart and mind.

If I had an option I would have stayed with her but I had an event to attend. A concert of a famous band. An event organised by one of my important client and a good friend. The stars of the band consist of my friends too. Their accounts are managed by our company. Either way I couldn't deny their invitation.

As this band is real popular there will be a great crowd. Our kinds will be attending the concert too. Its our rule to hide our scent in any random crowds. If it consist only humans or just werewolfs then its fine but in mixed the rule applies. Mike and I ...we were both ready by 6:30. I was wearing a pair of T shirt and jeans with a dark denim jacket and my sneakers. Mike was no different from me just the choice of colors and brands were different. Whenever there was a concert or something like that occurs where hours of standing requires I prefer comfort over fashion or style. From the glares and stares I got when I was in the arena I was pretty sure that my choice of clothing was exact. But I never rendered any smile or glances to anyone nothing which felt inviting to others especially females around. Even if our scents were hidden I could probably catch enough werewolfs around as my olfactory system was much active than any other werewolfs because I am an alpha male. Pinpointing each needs real focus and at this time and place I just want to let loose. There is no threat anyways.

I could feel females around hitting on me. My gaze was fixed between the stage and Mike and sometimes at my phone. Yes I really did manage to take a pic of her with her consent as I convinced her that I needed one to enter in my employee database. I was not lying I did enter her name in my employees list. I just need to get some more information to fill the other fields. I dont like stalking my mate.

It was an upright photograph. A small smile just trying to escape her lips. Oh goddess I just want to fill my entire memory card with her pics with her every gestures her every antics her every little movements that made every moments of my life. But being a gentleman I satisfied myself with this one pic. I can't take even a pic without her will. She is my life and my love. The respect I had for her can never ever replace with the momentary satisfaction I get by clicking some pictures or doing anything without her wish. Just then a familier scent  crossed my nostrils. Before I could inhale it more my phone began to ring and vibrate.

I and Mike were called upon to the  back stage as there was an emergency. Their guitarist had to leave urgently as one of his sibling met with an accident...a severe one. Their blood groups are rare so he need to be there immediately. Its in the near by city and going through road with traffic was not a good option so we arranged our chopper in barely 20 minutes time and it will take less than 10 minutes to reach the hospital. We was relieved when we got to know he reached safely and was in time and is going to help his brother.

It was not the end. They needed a guitarist who could go with their flow. Whom they could trust and can follow them well. Every other index fingure pointed to me. I had played with them whenever there was a friendly get together.
Just for one song. They always used to sing these songs way before they even formed a band officially. Of those songs I had one favourite and loved the lyrics. I know there are other perfect songs but I loved this one 'I remember you' by skid rows. Its my dad's favourite. Its kinda old but music has no age. The chords are etched in my mind. I dont know how many times I had played this song. In past it always reminded me of my unknown beloved. Now I know her... One day I will surely play for her.

The song was first to go with some introduction as it reminded their past. All of them will be on stage cheering the audience and making some chilling dance moves that made the audience go wild. They will manage for the other songs. I had to remove my denim jacket and instead wear the leather one with the band name in it. I was all ready and confident. Before they even started the song they told the audiences about the unfortunate event that happened to one of them and introduced and thanked me for helping them.