15. Mint & Wood

Elizabeth Meyer

I was thinking about today. Everything that happened in just few hours put me in an enchanting chamber of thoughts. So much things... From the beginning to now it had.... soo...much things. Ooohhhh why am I stating those memorable moments as things.

His face full of worry for me, then his possessiveness and the embrace. My whole body turned red... I know me. If I would have fell down and the same situation had happened with some other guy.... I wouldn't mind staining my clothes or hands. I would be off of him in barely few seconds and my hands would have made its mark on that guy's cheeks and have given him some lecture to mind his own business. Ofcourse I am an introvert but if someone crosses the limit to the extend of touching my skin without my permission I don't know what comes over me. Sometimes I think its gross but I can't help. I always overreact on such situations and I always try to avoid it. But today I saw another version of myself. First of all I am not a clumsy person. I watch my every steps when I am in public. But today when the worker called me upstairs I just climbed the steps and got inside the room where he was standing already. His smile....how can someone be this cruel to not return his smile and I did the same but what comes next was something I didn't expect at all. I thought I am going to have a very painful contact with the floor. But It never happened. He didn't let it happen.
Even before my eyes are open I knew from the touch that it was him who rescued me. The sparks were evident. I was on him wholly. I felt like I am reclining on the curves of the crescent moon watching stars and the purple sky. I always dreamed of being in the moon....ofcourse with the one we see with our eyes but as everyone I too dont know how it feels but now I think this is it.

I am not heavy at all but still my whole body was on him. When I open my eyes he asked me if I am hurt. I nodded a no. How am I going to get hurt when even an inch of my body or even a strand of my hair didn't touch the floor. I managed to ask him if he got hurt and tried to move myself. He said me to not move as I can land on the floor and get stained. His shirt,jeans and everything was tainted with the mixture of oil and dirt . Even his thick wavy hair hasn't left

He was holding me by my waist.
If I am to keep looking on to his eyes I would be blushing hard.. I know I already am.

I shifted my gaze to anything but him. But from my periphery I know his eyes were on nothing but me. I felt his hands moving slowly from my waist to my arms. I couldn't hold my vision to something else anymore. I can't keep avoid those caramel globes where I could live my whole life safely and in tranquility. His eyes....as always.... was soft as if it can break me if he added a bit more of emotions to it. His demeanor didn't change as if he was on bed and hugging a pillow. His eyes began flickering with gold tints. It was fascinating to watch. I was mesmerized at that point. Suddenly I could feel my heart racing in anticipation. The sparks started waltzing from head to toe. Now it was penetrating through skin to the insides wherever I had life in me. Wherever I could feel myself even my hair roots. Oh god it was on my nerves... through my blood.... inside out of my heart into my whole being. My eyes widened. It was overwhelming. I was hyper ventilating and I began taking too much oxygen to calm my pounding heart. My whole body trembled at the sudden change. It was something I couldn't take anymore and I couldn't let go too. I was torn apart. But....but he chose to keep me...hold me. He chose to not let go. In just a blink his one hand was around my shoulders and the other around my waist... Wrapped in a protective hug. My head fell over his chest at the impact. Until now I was holding my head up. As I was busy gawking him all the while that I didn't felt the soreness in my neck. I felt relieved when I laid my head down. Oh my god my face was resting on his chest. The thought itself created numerous fluttering butterflies in my stomach and the sparks... It has just become an equation less unsolvable math problem that I couldn't put my fingers on but whatever it was I enjoyed it to the core. I smiled at the thought. Now my one hand resting at the sides of his neck and the other above his now peacefully beating heart. I could feel the emotion transferring to me. It felt like heaven. Our heart beating in single rythm. No conflicts, no difference....a kind of nothingness which had everything.