Chapter three

The roaring cheers of the audience echoed down the concrete corridor that led to the arena, bouncing around like atoms trapped in a balloon ready to pop. Passionate energy that radiated from the crowd glided through the air, adding to the cheers' volume. Hisoka's heeled shoes tapped against the floor, the light clicking attempted to join the cheering but was a whisper compared to their roars. A thin grin was placed on his lips, this fight could not have come soon enough. His bloodlust had calmed slightly when he took the life from someone at the club a couple of days ago but it barely did anything to quench his thirst. This fight - against an opponent worthy of conflict - was the only way to sate the bloodlust. He needed this.

 Upon entering the dazzling arena in a cloud of smoke, another deafening roar escaped from the crowd. The atmosphere was alive with light and sound. Multi-coloured lights flashed without rhythm, illuminating the entire arena and accompanying the large spotlights focused solely on the arena, resulting in the tiles to somewhat glow. As the smoke faded, Hisoka made his way towards the arena, his body bathed in the warmth the lights emitted as it landed on his flesh.

"WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TO ANOTHER HEART-POUNDING, NAIL-BITING, ADRENALINE-PUMPING FIGHT!" the announcer's voice matched the level of passion that the audience held, despite being spoke through the speakers that hung around the large room. "IN ONE CORNER, WE HAVE THE UNDEFEATED FIGHTER OF TWO YEARS: HISOKA MOROU!" the large screen lit up, displaying the image of said magician and earning another cheer from the crowd. "AND WE HAVE OUR FEROCIOUS CHALLENGER: LOGEN WESKER!" at that, the image on the screen switched to one of the challenger. The blonde haired male stood opposite Hisoka, a sullen expression carved into his sharp features. No traces of humour graced his cold features, his eyes settled on Hisoka as they approached each other. The referee stood between them, his gaze constantly shifting between them.

"Points are awarded for clean hits and knockdowns.  The first one to reach ten points wins. No time limit."  the referee's voice was enhanced by the small microphone on his chest. He rose his hand into the air, the entire audience falling silent by this single action, then brought his hand down

"Begin!"

***

Logan wasted no time in making the first attack, his body darted forward rapidly before his hand shot forward. Hisoka rose his arm up just as he was about to get hit, perfectly blocking the attack, and throwing a clean punch into Logan's exposed stomach. The blonde was sent sliding a couple of metres away, his expression remaining sullen. He charged at the magician again, seemingly preparing to repeat his attack. Hisoka rose his arm up to block his attack again, as Logan's fist came into contact with Hisoka's arm, the male vanished. Murmurs erupted among the audience as to Logan's sudden disappearance. How peculiar. Hisoka's orbs scanned the arena for his opponent's whereabouts. A slight shift by his ear caught his attention, only to receive a sharp strike across the cheek from an invisible force. A grin tugged Hisoka's lips at the gentle sting. 

"How can you fight what you cannot see?" Logan's voice echoed around him, causing more murmurs among the crowd. Hisoka straightened his posture and scanned around again.

"You have concealed your body to somewhat disappear." he spoke out to the air, "You're a transmuter, aren't you?" Hisoka halted his search for a moment, focusing his aura into his golden orbs.

"You are correct, Hisoka." Logan's voice had little importance to his location, the volume of his voice seemed to float in the air - everywhere at once but no where at all. Another shift in the air was felt and Hisoka spotted the outline of Logan's fist aiming for his face. Leaning back quickly, Hisoka was able to avoid the attack as well as detect the full outline of his opponent's body. He had manipulated his aura to possess the properties of air, allowing his body to become technically invisible. This was going to be interesting. Logan's form stood a couple feet away from Hisoka, his foot sliding behind him, preparing to lunge again. His body shot towards the magician, his fist aiming for his cheek for a third time, Hisoka countered the attack and swung his leg into Logan's chest. From the force Hisoka had put into the kick, he felt one or two of Logan's ribs snap under his muscle. The blonde's body skidded across the arena, his transparent disguise faltering slightly - painting him as some form of phantom rather than a person. The bloodlust bubbled inside Hisoka at the sight of blood trickling from Logan's lips, dripping onto the white tile beneath him.