Chapter nine- part one

Author's note: I may have to cut this into two parts as it was so long. Sorry about that and thank you for reading this.

Her pale hand curled into a tight fist, nails threatening to break the skin if she dug any further. Small, quick breaths slipped through gritted teeth. The smell of alcohol was thick in the air, almost overpowering the scent of flesh and sweat to the navy haired ghoul. Shadows danced along the walls with the neon lights as their partner. Her blood pumped trough her veins. She was going to kill that magician. Music blasted through the speakers, loud enough to for everyone to hear but not loud enough to block their conversations. 

Ryn made her way through the club, sliding through the dancing crowd to reach a seat at the marble bar-stand table by the window. The navy haired female loosened her grey scarf, the bar was warm, mainly due to the amount of people dancing to the quick-beated music. As she sat down, she rested her head against her hand.

Of all places he could have chosen for a meet-up, he chose this. The thought swam around her head, her eyes taking in the club. She could see Hisoka as the type of person who would go to a club for a drink but she doubted he danced to this music. He would possibly cause a fight but not dance. Even the thought of the magician swaying his hips around, spinning around in the flashing lights, was a haunting thought - making her visible cringe. Ryn rubbed her temples, sighing through her nose. 

A formally dressed employee approached her,

"Would you like a drink?" the navy haired ghoul took a quick scan of the small menu before she pushed it away.

"Water." she didn't even glance at the employee, too focused on the city view offered by the window.

"Sorry. We don't serve water." What? They didn't serve water? What kind of club did not serve something as simple and basic as a glass of bloody water?

"A Blood Mary then." The employee walked off to get her order, leaving her in peace for a moment. She looked down at her watch, Hisoka was late. Again. Ryn was beginning to think that the lateness was something to expect from Hisoka. He arranges the places and times yet he was always five or so minutes late. The employee returned with her drink and set it down before disappearing in the crowd. She picked up the glass an examined it. The blood red liquid swirled in the glass, the mixture of alcohol and tomato juice made her sigh slightly.

The stool to her left slid back as Hisoka took his seat. Ryn didn't even give him a glance.

"Should I expect your lateness every time?" Hisoka chuckled, placing his own alcoholic drink on the marble table, turning his gaze to the large window in front of them. The city lights glittered in the darkness, illuminating the buildings. The two sat in silence for a moment, watching the city below them. If someone walked past and saw them, they would have seen two friends enjoying a night out. Ryn glanced at the magician.

"What is the test you have for me?" She wanted to get through his little test, she didn't want to spent another minute in this place. Hisoka sipped his drink, his eyes falling onto hers.

"Coffee and water are the only things a person like you can consume?" he raised a thin brow as he repeated her words at the coffee shop, motioning to her drink. Ryn swirled her drink around a little, the ice cubes clinking against each other and the glass.

"I needed to order something. Otherwise I would have been pestered by the employees." Hisoka's lips twisted into a smirk as a small chuckle escaped him. "Now will you answer my question?" Hisoka held up his sharp-nailed index finger, taking a long sip of his drink -savouring the flavour- before speaking.

"That will come later. But I want to talk about you first, Ryn." Ryn blinked, her mind going back to their conversation at the cafe. All they did was talk about her but his lips remained sealed about himself.