The Fury of Umbridge...

Narrator's POV

Unfortunately, summer came to an end and the school year began and Harry soon found himself on the Hogwarts Express with his Guard.

Cedric, now a Seventh Year, was sitting beside Harry as they waited to arrive to school.

Cedric tried to keep his gaze from Harry, knowing that they'd never happen, and assuring himself that Harry was happier with the Dark Lord.

The Hufflepuff held in a sigh, he'd find Cho when he got to school.

Harry gazed out the window and hummed, playing with the Locket around his throat. It was the Slytherin Locket, one of Tom's heirlooms, that Tom had gifted him just a few hours ago.

Harry smiled softly, the present was perfect, he felt like Tom was right there with him, not so far away, and holding him.

Though, the Locket had come with instructions saying to never ever take it off and to never ever ever let anyone see it around his neck.

Harry placed it back under his shirt, he needed to hide it before the trolley lady came by.

***

Soon enough, the train made it to station and the students filtered out to the castle.

The Welcome Feast began and Headmaster Dumbledore introduced the newest Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Dolores Umbridge, who had been sent by the Head of Magical Education in the Ministry to be their teacher and make sure everyone was getting a proper education.

No one paid that much mind and began to eat, not knowing Umbridge's plan.

***

Dolores Jane Umbridge was angry, very angry.

Ever since Minister Fudge was kicked out of office, she had lost her position of Senior Undersecretary and had been demoted to a manager in Magical Education, not even the head but a manager!

She was a former Slytherin, after all, and now she was out for revenge against her new position and would sabotage her way back to the top.

But in the meantime, she would take her anger out on Hogwarts.

***

The very next day, Harry's last class for the day was Defense Against the Dark Arts with that new professor.

He walked into the classroom with Hermione and 'Neville', the trio ignoring Ron, as they sat in the desks in the middle of the room with Harry in the center as Draco and Theodore entered and sat not too suspiciously close by.

A few other students were playing around with a origami bird brought to 'life' when it suddenly burst into flames and landed on 'Neville's' desk.

"Good morning, children." A sickly feminine voice greeted from the back of the room, making everyone turn around, "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. Or, as its most commonly known as, O. W. L's. Study hard, children, and you will be rewarded and if you fail, the consequences will be severe."

Textbooks flew from her desk a suspended one at every student's desk as Umbridge continued, "I'm afraid your previous instruction in this subject as been disturbingly...uneven. But worry no longer, from now on you'll be following a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of defensive magic."

Hermione immediately raises her hand, "There's nothing in here about defensive spells."

The professor laughed, "Defensive spells? I can't imagine why you'd need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not gonna use magic?" 'Neville' asked with newly gained courage

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." The pink-clad woman answered

"What use is that? If we're attacked it's not gonna be risk-free." Harry interrupted

Umbridge glared at him, "Students will raise their hands if they wished to speak in my classroom."

She walked to the front of the room, "It is the view of the Magical Education Department that theoretical education is efficient to get you through your examinations —which, after all, is what school's about!"

"How's theory gonna prepare us for what's out there?" Harry interrupted again

"There's nothing out there, dear, that would want to attack school-children." Umbridge answered, using a tone one would use to speak to a toddler

"I dunno, maybe...Lord Voldemort?" Harry asked, keeping up his Golden Boy facade

Students around him began whispering, muttering about the rumors about raids and the Azkaban Break-Out.

Umbridge yet again glared at Harry as she softly said, "Let me make this perfectly clear to you all, you have been told that a certain Dadk Wizard is again at large...this...is...a..lie."

Umbridge turned back around towards the blackboard, "Also, Mr. Potter, you will have detention with me after class."

Harry's mouth dropped, he couldn't have detention, that was his free time with Tom.

He didn't say anything else as class began.

***

After class, Harry stayed behind like ordered.

While the class filed out, Umbridge made herself a cup of tea.

Once the two of them were the only people in the classroom, Umbridge ordered Harry to sit at the desk closest to hers.

Once they were both sitting, Umbridge began to explain his punishment, "Today, Mr. Potter, you are going to be doing lines." Harry began to reach into his bag for his quill and ink, but she stopped him, "Not with your quill but mine, a rather special one at that."

One of Harry's black eyebrows rose but he simply took the black and red quill she gave him as well as the sheet of parchment.

That smug grin returned to her face as his hand reflexively began to hold the quill properly, as if he was about to write, "Now, you will write 'I must not tell lies'."

"How many times?" Harry asked, wanting to finish quickly and go see his soulmate

"As many times as it takes for the message to sink in." She replied

"You haven't given me any ink." Harry pointed out

Umbridge giggled, "You won't be needing any."

Harry began to write with his right hand when he noticed the red ink the quill was writing with, suddenly feeling immense pain in his left hand, when lo and behold he saw the words he wrote appear on his hands in his handwriting.

Her smirk grew as Harry looked at her in shock, "You know deep down, Mr. Potter, you deserve to be punished. Now, continue to write your lines."

Harry did as told, tears of pain rolling down his cheeks, like diamonds spilling away from an emerald, his glasses fogging as he sniffled, not once asking for mercy.

Thankfully, the wound didn't repeat itself, only draw more blood from the same.

A few minutes, or possibly a few hours later, Harry couldn't tell, she allowed him to stop and go to dinner.

The whites of Harry's eyes were red as he picked up his bag with his writing hand and began to head downstairs.

Though, he didn't head to dinner, no he went towards the Chamber of Secrets and straight to a mirror...