The Only Friend I Have...

A/N: I know Abraxas Malfoy is dead by this point but by the power of FanFiction, he shall live. Imagine Abraxas singing this, I got feels.

Narrator's POV

Harry James Potter sat on Tom's desk while the latter did paperwork.

Suddenly, the Malfoy Owl was at window, pecking at the glass.

Harry parted the owl's head and untied the letter off the owl's leg.

He thought it for him, knowing that he and Draco had become close, but the letter's envelope said it was addressed to 'Marvolo'.

Confused, he handed it to Tom, "I think it's for you."

Tom saw who the letter was addressed to and gave a faint smile, opening it and reading it quickly, quickly penning a response and tying it to the owl's leg, practically pushing it out the window.

"Who's it from?" Harry asked, still confused

"My friend, and the only one that's left." Tom said, "Abraxas Malfoy."

***

Fifty two years earlier, sitting in the secret library in the Chamber of Secrets, held the Heir Of Slytherin and a blond boy with eyes the color of steel.

Since it was weekend, neither eighteen year old was wearing his Slytherin uniform, both boys were also smoking cigarettes —as was common in the 1940's— (A/N: smoking is bad, don't do it) with a ashtray being shared between them

Both Seventh Years were reading Dark Arts books, looking to learn everything they could.

"Marvolo, there's something I gotta tell you." Abraxas said, breaking the silence

"What is it?" The brunette asked

"My parents sent me a letter this morning, says they've finalized it. I'm betrothed to Marilyn Bulstrode, I'm marrying her the week after school's over." Abraxas said, somberly

"That's insane, they know you can't stand her." Marvolo replied, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth and leaving it on the ashtray

"I know, they said they don't care and that I'll like her in time, they want her dowry since they know'll it'll be huge now that her family bought all that mining land

"I know, they said they don't care and that I'll like her in time, they want her dowry since they know'll it'll be huge now that her family bought all that mining land." Abraxas said, "They said since neither of us had a soulmate it was absolutely perfect, you're so lucky to have a soulmate, Marvolo."

The Aspiring Dark Lord looked at the red thread on his finger, all the way down to wear it connected to the nearest clock, the sign that his soulmate wasn't alive yet, "At least you know who you'll end up with, hopefully she'll mellow out with time, she's annoying but not an arse."

Abraxas chuckled, "I hope so."

***

Back in the present, Tom and Harry moved from the office to the living room downstairs.

A few minutes later, the Floo opened at the fireplace and in came an old man bearing a strong resemblance to the Malfoys being pushed in a wheelchair by a house-elf.

The seventy year old man smiled when he saw his immortal friend and the person beside him, "It's been awhile, Marvolo."

"I'm sorry, old friend, I've been extremely busy." Tom apologized, walking closer to the physically old man

Abraxas gave a smile, a tear visible in his left eye, "I missed you terribly, the other thing wasn't you, just a shell of you, if even that."

Just a hint of a tear, one that disappeared almost the moment it appeared, "I missed you too."

Harry smiled at the sight, it was strange seeing Tom act humanly sometimes, it was like he forgot he wasn't just the Dark Lord.

Tom looked back at Harry, motioning him to come closer, "Abraxas, this is my soulmate, Harry Potter."

Abraxas laughed hoarsely, "Oh irony love you so, Marvolo."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Harry greeted him

"The pleasure is all mine." Abraxas replied, "You better treat this man right, he's been waiting for you for ages, he's talked so highly of you."

"He has?" Harry asked, an eyebrow raised

"Oh yes, back in the day he'd go on and on about how excited he was to meet you and how he couldn't wait for that day to come." Abraxas said, the tips of Tom's ears and his cheeks gaining some color

"Oh that reminds me!" Abraxas suddenly said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a photo

The photo was clearly taken in the Potions Classroom at Hogwarts, though it held none of Snape's decor.

The picture also held several eight people, which the back of the photo labeled them as the Knights of Walpurgis and then listed them in order from left to right: Tom Marvolo Riddle, Abraxas Malfoy, Vincent LeStrange, Tadeus Nott, Druella Rosier, Antonin Dolohov, Ludwig Avery, and Waylon Mulciber.

(A/N: I would DIE of happiness of someone drew or edited this!)

It also labeled the date as May 30, 1945, which Harry guessed was the last day of Seventh Year since Tom looked exactly the same as he did in the picture.

Tom strokes the picture, watching the picture move to show them all laughing at the table, playing a game of cards with a man labeled as Professor Slughorn in parentheses on the back.

"Thank you, my friend, for keeping this safe for me." Tom thanked, placing the picture on the coffee table to frame later

Abraxas smiled but suddenly began a fit of coughing, but quickly got over it.

The two friends talked for hours, eventually Abraxas began to tire and excused himself, saying goodbye and telling his house-elf to push him back to the fireplace...