Ep. 8 All My Friends Have Turning Points

The biggest moments of our lives, the ones that are truly life changing to us on a personal level, are the ones that make us feel like we can take on the world. When we're faced with a new obstacle that we never thought we'd be ready for, we're finally in a place where we feel like we have all the answers and that obstacle is a breeze, all because of that turning point. What about the ones who take on the world and all those obstacles without a turning point? Is taking on the world every day all they have changing their lives? Truth is, even they have no idea what's coming their way because this sacrifice is all they have to care about. It seems like an easy life to lead, but with the loss comes a lingering sense of incompletion to who they are.

Tyngsboro, MA - 6 year old Lucas Miller was up way passed his bed time, watching TV, dreading being alone in his dark bedroom like most kids his age. It's normal for a child to be convinced there's something lurking in their closet or under their bed. But it was different for Lucas because he knew for a fact that something was coming for him, no matter who didn't believe him. When his mother asked him what he was doing out of bed, he said he was waiting for his Dad to come home. His Dad was working the overnight shift, so he wasn't going to be home anytime soon. So his Mom put her foot down and made him go to bed.

His Mom even did the reassuring inspection of his closet, hoping it would making him feel safe. This only made him confused, because that's where he always saw him come out, laughing at him, and calling his name. He insisted that he was keeping his lamp on, and his Mom was too tired to argue about it. When his Mom walked out, Lucas watched his closet as he fought to stay awake. He began close his eyes when he was feeling safer, but that's when his lamp shut off on it's own, he could even hear the bulb make a snapping sound.

Startled, Lucas sprung up, and watched a red light beam out from his closet, when it went out, that's when the door opened. He hid under his covers, trying to cry as quietly as he possibly could. He then heard a soft, but very mean laugh come creeping his way, and the worst voice he's ever heard taunting him, saying "Lucas... Come out and play, Lucas", and it laughed even harder after that. That's when a big lanky hand with long finger nails inched above his feet, and the voice said "I got you", and it grabbed his leg. Downstairs, Mrs. Miller heard Lucas scream for her, so she ran upstairs to his room that was so dark, it was only lit by the embers around his closet. And Lucas was nowhere to be found.

. . . . . .

Hopkinton, MA - Kyle Carson has been possessed by a viscous demon for over two weeks. The demon killed 3 people, a doctor and two different therapists before his parents finally recognized that this was not a chemical imbalance. That's when they sought help from a local priest, who performed a Catholic exorcism, which was not successful. The priest was hospitalized with 4 broken ribs. They tried an exorcism from every religion near them before finally learning about CVP.

Tino reviewed the case and explained to the Carsons that demons come in all different origins, and the only way a specific exorcism can be successful is if it matches the faith of the demons origins. CVP always used The Pillar of Solomon, which was a Latin Reading used solely for ridding demons of our world, not created out of faith. He chose this exorcism because it was universal, and did his homework on what other exorcisms The Pillar of Solomon had to offer, like the one he found on houses and objects a demon may be latched to.

When Tino finally met the demon in Kyle, there was no interest in deceiving him like every other demon he faced did. This demon just wanted more chaos, so Tino sprayed him with his holy water and did the reading. As all his cases with demons, he successfully sent the demon back to Hell, but unfortunately, it wasn't a true success.

Mrs. Carson stepped into the hall, where Tino was sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands. Through the pit in his chest, the lump in his throat, and the active mill in his eyes, all he could do was utter the words, "I'm so sorry". Although self inflicted wounds always healed once a demon was out, if the body isn't getting what it needs, the only thing keeping it alive is the demon. Kyle was possessed for over two weeks, and died of dehydration and starvation once the demon was out of him. He was 12 years old.