Chapter 1

Kara's Apartment

I was standing in the kitchen watching my favorite cooking show, while enjoying a nice cold white wine. I don't know why I insist on constantly drinking alcoholic beverages if I can't even get buzzed, honestly I spend so much money on such expensive wines and beers when I could get water for the same effect. I guess I just like the taste.

As I watched my show, I follow their directions. I was putting on the final touches to my homemade souffle when my phone began to ring. I quickly rushed over to coffee table and picked it up, "Hey Alex whats up?"

"Hey Kara you busy with anything important right now?"

"Yeah sorta."

"Mid afternoon baking doesn't count as important."

"Oh... then no. I'm not busy."

"Good because I have a task for you. You remember how a couple of months ago we stormed that C.A.N.V.A.S base and we were able to finally arrest Lillian Luthor?"

"Yeah I remember."

"Well for the last couple of months, we here at the D.E.O have been going through all the files and records that we confiscated from C.A.N.V.A.S, and we have been able to find a bunch of dangerous and lethal weapons since then. But today we found something that could possibly the most dangerous thing C.A.N.V.A.S has ever created."

This really got my attention, C.A.N.V.A.S had been experimenting with people and weapons for a long time. Their end game was to get rid of me, my cousin Kal, and anyone else that was an alien, "I'm on my way." 

D.E.O

I came flying into the D.E.O in my super suit. As I landed I quickly ran over to Alex, "Hey Alex! Where is this big terrible weapon?"

"We haven't got it yet." Alex told me, she led me to the big monitor that was displaying photo copies of a handwritten journal, "This journal talks about a potential weapon that was designed to be powerful enough to kill Superman and you. Apparently the weapon proved to be to dangerous and unstable, that Lillian Luthor had it moved to another C.A.N.V.A.S base for higher security. She discontinued the weapon and it's been in storage for the past half year."

"We need to get that weapon. If it's so dangerous that even Lillian herself fears it, it must be contained. Have you found the location of this other C.A.N.V.A.S base?" I asked her.

"We think so. The data collected from C.A.N.V.A.S gave us the location of almost every single base they have, and after Winn did his thing, he found out that only three bases have been shown to still be operational in the last half year. Jonn already left for one, I'm leading a squad to a second one, and I need you to check out the third base."

"Alright I can do that. Where am I going?"

"The arctic." Alex explained while using her tablet to show me where exactly in the arctic to go.

"Alright. I'll tell you if I find anything." I tell her ready to take off, "I'll be back soon. Don't forget game night at my house tonight."

"Me? You are the one that always forgets."

"What? How could I forget." I can't believe she would think I would forget such a simple detail. I took off into the sky and made my way to the arctic.

Arctic Base

I pride open the frozen shut doors with my hands and made my way into the dark empty base. I tried to scan the base with my X-Ray vision, but of course the walls were lined with lead. Typical annoying C.A.N.V.A.S. Although I was indestructible and I had no reason to be scared, I couldn't help but get goosebumps from it all, the place was so dark and scary. I looked around and saw that nothing was working, "Hey Winn you sure this place was operational, nothing is on? It looks abandoned."

"*Static*"

"Winn?"

"*Static*"

Damn C.A.N.V.A.S., they love their signal jammers. I continued down the cold dark hallway, after looking around for a while I noticed something strange, there was no equipment anywhere. I checked every room and none of them had anything in them, just a bunch of empty shelves. I continued to explore and eventually made my way to an elevator, "I wonder if you still work?"

I pressed the only button and the elevator opened up. I know that any normal person would never go into an old creep elevator, but then again I'm wearing a one piece bathing suit in a skirt and a cape at the arctic, normal doesn't apply to me. I get in and I notice only two buttons inside, one up and one down. I pressed the down button and the elevator doors closed.

Downstairs

The doors opened up slowly. I looked around and noticed that this entire place was just one giant room. Walking around, I see a bunch of medical equipment and other cool science stuff lying everywhere.

"Hello, anyone here!" I waited around for someone to answer, but didn't hear anything. Stupid Kara, this place has been abundant for six months, no human being is down her-

"Hello!" Someone yelled back. It sounded weak and raspy, what the hell? How is anyone still down here, no one could survive being down here this long?

"Hello! Somebody help!" The voice called out again. I instantly began to panic.

"Yes! Yes! I'm here!" I called out excited. I ran around the large building looking for this mystery person, but it was hard because it was so dark. It took me three minutes before I finally noticed something moving in a cage, "Sir! Sir! Are you ok?"

"No." The body of the person was lying on the cold metal floor, he was definitely not in the best condition.

I looked around and noticed the cell had invisible forcefield walls. I pressed my hands against it, but quickly realized that I wasn't going to break through, "I don't know how to get through. Do you know how to turn this off?"

"Table." He struggled to say and point.

I turned my head and noticed what he was talking about. I went over and began to mess with the buttons, it didn't take me long before I finally got luck and pressed the off button, "Yes! You're free."

I noticed that the body wasn't moving or leaving. I wanted to run over to him to help, but I knew better, it could be a trap. I held back on my urges and thought of a better more cations action. Looking down, I noticed that one of the buttons was labeled 'cell lights'. I pressed it and waited for the lights to come on so that I could finally get a good look at this prisoner. Once the lights finally turned on I was left in absolute shock, there was no way this was possible. He shouldn't be here, what was he going her? I tried to move and do something, but I couldn't bring myself to do either. All I could do was say my friends name, "B... Barry?" 

There we are, chapter 1. This is all new to me, I have never done a story by uploading chapter by chapter. Normally I write the whole thing up and then publish it all at once, but I'm going to do it differently for this story. I'm not exactly sure how often I will update this story, but if you follow me I'll make sure to talk to you guys and keep you informed. This story is also my first point of view type of story, I'm going to do it from Kara's and Barry's point of view. Anyway please please please leave me a comment, tell me how I'm doing. Catch you guys next time.