Chapter 22

Kara and Barry's Apartment (Barry POV)

I unlocked the door and walking in with a bag full of groceries. I was hoping to make Kara's favorite dinner in hopes of maybe trying to die down the tension between us.

As I made my way to the island, I noticed Kara was already here. She was standing over by the couch folding my clothes.

"Hey!" I greeted her with a smile, in hopes that she would return it, "You're home early, I was hoping to have dinner ready before you came back."

Kara looked at me, but didn't smile back. She kept the stern look in her eyes and just continued to fold up my clothes, "Yeah. I asked James to let me off early so that I can help you get a head start on packing."

I watched her stuff my clothes into a suitcase, it didn't make me feel good.

"Well... Um, thanks for that, but I can do that later. You're probably tired from a long at work, how about I cook us some dinner while you relax, how does that sound?"

I really wanted her to stop. I hated having to watch her pack up my things.

(Kara POV)

"No thanks Barry, but I'm not hungry, I'm trying to get this done before it gets to dark. Hopefully we can get you out of here by tonight."

"Kara please..."

"Alex gets off at seven, I'll text her right now and ask her if we can borrow her car. I really don't feel like having to carry all this stuff."

"...Stop you don't need to do this..."

"I wanted to ask, do you want this photo?" I asked holding up a picture frame with a picture of the two of us from the time we went to the zoo together. It was of Barry and me standing in front of the hippopotamus habitat. Is was actually Barry's favorite picture because in the background you can see that one of the hippos managed to photo bomb the picture.

"...Don't do this..."

"You know, I'll just throw it in. I have a couple more of us in my room, I won't miss one. You can decide what you want to do with it later."

"...Cut it out Kara..."

"Hey are you going to want help unpacking when we get there or is Linda planning on-"

"Enough Kara!"

I felt my skin jump at the sound of his voice. Never had I ever heard him talk with such force to anyone, not even criminals. I was about yell back at him, but I stopped myself when I noticed that he had tears forming in his eyes.

"What's wrong Barry?"

"Stop doing this.... Please Kara. You're hurting me."

"Well now you know how I feels Barry." I felt my eyes begin to water as well, "That pain you feel right now,Barry, that is what you did to me earlier. I had me go through the entire day like that, and now you have to too."

"I'm so sorry for not telling you. I honestly wanted to, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my apartment earlier."

I spent all day feeling nothing but anger towards him, and when I came home all I wanted to do was give him that same sense of pain I felt all day...But after seeing him right now, all I wanted to do was take that pain away. How could I have been so cruel, how could I hurt the man I knew I love... I now he didn't mean to hurt me, he probably had some good intentions, but I couldn't help but feel hurt. And although I felt a very heavy feeling of guilt in my heart, that didn't stop me from wanting answers from him, "Why Barry... Why did you do it... Are you not happy here?"