Chapter 21

NCPD CSI Lab (Barry POV)

I sat at my desk writing out my forensic report, I had fallen behind on my work since lately I have been running in and out of the lab to work with Kara. Don't get me wrong, I love being The Flash, I just wish someone would have told me that I was going to end up constantly behind work. It wouldn't be so bad if I could use my super speed to do all of this in a couple of seconds, but since I had to share my lab, I didn't really get a chance to do that. I wonder if the other Barry needs to share his lab? I bet you he probably gets all the freedom to do what he wants.

"Hey Allen, your girlfriend is here." Linda spoke up.

I looked up from my work and noticed Kara walking in with lunch right on cue.

"Hey Kara." I said going up to give her a quick hug.

"Hey." She responded with a hug and a smile. She turned around a gave a smile to Linda, "Hey Linda."

"Hey Ms. Allen."

"Linda come on." She always teased Kara with names, I hated it and I've asked her multiple times to stop it, but she just kept going.

"I'm kidding Allen, it's just a game we play, right Kara."

Kara didn't respond, she just readjusted her glasses and gave a nod, "Don't worry about it Barry. So, shall we eat."

(Kara POV)

We pulled up some chairs, and sat by the window together. I wanted to sit next Barry, but Linda beat me to it, which left sitting on the opposite side of them. We ate in silence for a while before Linda decided to speak up.

"So Kara. You're a reporter at Catco?"

"Oh... Um. Yeah. I started off as an assistant for Cat Grant, and later on got promoted."

"Well that's impressive. I've actually read one of your articles before."

"Oh really which one?"

"The one you did on The Flash two months ago."

I looked at Barry and I noticed him try to hide his smile, "Yeah I really liked writing that one."

"How was he?"

"Excuse me?"

"What was The Flash like? I've read almost every article there is about The Flash, but I just can't seem to find any as good as yours. If I'm not wrong, you're the only one that had managed to actually meet and talk to the guy."

"I'm pretty sure that is not true, there are other articles out there."

"Yeah there are, but your article is the best. I saw a video of your interview with him. The way you guys talked and looked at each other, it's like you two have met before, and in your article you described him so perfectly, it was like... like you know who he is. You mentioned things about him that only a person who is really close to him would know... Wait?... Do you know who he is?"

"What me?"

"Yeah. Do you know who The Flash is? That one reporter in Metropolis knows Superman, it's not so crazy to think that you might know The Flash. Come on tell me, I won't say anything to anyone."

"Ha-ha. I'm... I'm not Louis Lane trust me. I don't know who the The Flash is. I haven't even seen him in months."

"Oh, alright... but just to say hypothetically. If you were to, I don't know, jump off a building, do you think that The Flash would come in and save you like how Superman does to Lois Lane? You're a pretty girl, I'm sure he'd love to save a damsel in distress."