Chapter 14

Kara's Apartment

I can't tell what she is thinking. She looks mad, yet at the same time she doesn't. Should I speak? Nah she'll probably just tell me to shut up. Will she through? It seems out of character for her, but yet again I traveled to a different universe and stole a friction proof suit, which is out of character for me. I'm just going to stay quiet, hopefully she'll say something first.

"You want to be The Flash?" She repeated my last words. Probably wanted to make sure I was serious.

"I do." I am going to tell her everything, "I saw him out there Kara. I saw how awesome and cool he was fighting crime. He used his speed in ways I never imagine I could do, his reflexes, and basically everything about him was so... incredible. I want to be that Kara, I want to be able to help people, use my powers to serve something greater than myself, inspire hope, and basically be as confident as my Earth 1 doppelganger. I know it sounds ridiculous, especially since National City already has a hero, but I wish to one day be The Flash and fight at your side."

I looked at her for a reaction. She stared back at me but she didn't say anything. Her eyes were burning into my head and the look that she was giving me was really uncomfortable. I want to look away, but I'm not. I need to show her that I am serious about what I said, that I'm serious about being a hero.

"Alright fine." Kara said finally releasing me of her deadly stare.

"Really? Just like that?" I was shocked, "You're not going to give me a long speech about how 'I don't know what I'm doing' or 'The hero life is dangerous' or 'Being a hero is more than just having powers and a costume'?"

Kara folded up the suit nicely and placed it back in the backpack. She zipped it back up and looked at me, "Barry I've been given those speeches my entire life. The same goes for the other Barry. They are what held me back from being Supergirl for most of my life, and could have for much longer if I didn't decide to save my sister that one night. I don't want to do the same to you Barry. You have so much potential and I want to help you reach that, I want you to stop questioning yourself, and if doing this is going to help accomplish that, then I'm going to support you all the way. You want to be a hero, I'll help you, because I believe in you."

I was touched, she actually wanted to help me with my crazy idea. I looked at her and I know for a fact that she isn't playing around with me, she meant every word she said to me. She was going to help me accomplish my ridiculous goal,... but at what cost, "What are your conditions?"

Kara gave me a smile, "You already know me so well Barry.... One, you are going to train with me everyday. It's going to be hard, and it's going to be painful. Two, you won't be going out into the field until I think you are ready. No stopping robberies, putting out fires, saving cats from trees, or anything until I give you the go ahead signal. And three,... You'll be my sidekick."

"No way." I tried not to laugh, but I did. There was no way I was going to be her sidekick, "That is not going to happen."

Kara laughed at me, "I'm just kidding. Just the first two conditions, not the third one."

I thought over those requests in my head. It was best offer I was going to get, so, "Deal!"

We smiled and shook hands. It wasn't long before a question came across my mind, "So, um. Are you going to have me return that suit back to the owner?"

Kara looked at the backpack and thought for a moment before she answered, "Um. You know I was,... but then I thought about how much of a waste it will seem like to see such a great suit sit in storage for the rest of time. I think it deserves to be worn by someone worthy of it."