Chapter 17

Fight Sight (Kara POV)

"Agh!" I screamed in pain as Metallo shot me in the chest with his kryptonite beam. I lost my ability fly now, and I was stuck on the ground forced to feel the agonizing pain of the kryptonite, coursing through every inch of my body. It hurt like hell.

I was about to take another dose of kryptonite when J'onn came flying out of nowhere and tackled Metallo to the air. I was free from him... for now.

"Kara!" I heard my name get yelled, but I was too busy feeling this horrible pain to notice who it was. The person moved in front of my line of sight and I noticed it to Alex.

"Alex?" I say weakly.

I lay on the ground and watch as Alex pulls out an epipen from her pocket. She injected me with it and suddenly I felt the kryptonite leave my body.

"Ugh... What did you hit me with?"

"Something Winn created to remove the kryptonite from your system, but he only had time to make one of these."

"Thanks Alex." I said as I waited for the shot to finish washing out the kryptonite from my system. As soon as I could feel my legs again I got back up on them, "Ugh... I need to stop Metallo."

"Kara you can't keep fighting like this, you're going to get yourself killed." Alex told me trying to push me back down.

"Well I don't have another idea, this is the only thing I can think of."

"Kara... you need to call him." Alex looked me in the eyes.

"No!" I push her away, "No! This is my fight, I need to handle this myself." I was getting tired of everyone questioning my ability to handle myself.

"Kara... Kara. I support you, you know that, but you can't win this one. Not alone."

"I've beaten him before."

"Kara this guy was designed to kill you. The thing that powers him, happens to be your one and most deadly weakness. You can't even get close to him before getting affected by the kryptonite. Kara please, don't fight him. Fight anyone else, but just not him."

I didn't want to listen to her, yes he odds were stacked against me, but that had never stopped me before. Why would it matter now, "I'll handle him."

"I'm not going to stop you, you're too stubborn to listen, but at least don't fight him alone. You don't need to fight anyone alone anymore. You have Barry now, you have your friend."

"And what if he gets hurt! What if he dies! What if I can't protect him." I can feel the tears in my eyes. The thought of losing Barry hurt me more then the kryptonite, "I... I would never be able to forgive myself. Just like how you said Alex... I love him."

"I know, I know Kara, and I won't lie to you and say that that will never happen, because it can... You think that the worst thing that could happen to Barry is that he could lose his life, but I know for a fact that losing you would be even worse for him. The pain you get when you think of losing him, is the same feeling he gets every time he sees you fly out that window. He needs you Kara, just as much as you need him... he loves you Kara."

I took in every word Alex said to me. I couldn't help but think of what she was telling me, was it all true. I felt selfish. Was I giving Barry that same sense of fear every time I took of to fight something, was I making Barry's life hell by having him sit at the D.E.O and watch me risk my life everyday. What do I-, "Agh!"

I was suddenly dragged against the street by a painful green beam. As it stopped and I was able to see Metallo stand over me. I couldn't talk or try to reason with him because he was just a programmed android, all I could do is watch as he charged up another kryptonite beam.