*My Cruel Husband | P.JM FF | Chapter 16 | Kawaii_BTS123

{Just a little reminder: (y/c) stands for 'your choice'}

 Taehyung. Taehyung was standing nonchalantly against a tree, smirking at me.

''Hide that smirk will you, Tae?'' I sneered at him before returning to the breath-taking view.

''No need to be so hostile, Lee. I thought we were friends? Thought we had a truce?'' He gushed at me before sliding into a seating position, keeping distance from me.

''I never said we were friends or enemies, did I?'' I declared and munched on a meat sandwich. He smiled an grabbed an apple out out of his pocket. 

"You never change." He then began laughing, the juices of the apple coating his milky skin. I smiled, chuckling at myself. We shared some small talk, eating some sandwiches and casually choking on it. Before I realized it, it was already time to go. I glanced at my watch, frowning already. Munching on my chicken sandwich, I stood up from my position and dusted my pants.

''Is señorita leaving already?'' He smugly said at me with his deep voice and grey contact lenses. I sigh, pulling the blanket he was sitting on. 

"Wah-!" Taehyung squealed, flopping on the ground. I tried to suppress a laugh, so I'd look like the mature being in this situation. 

''Go home, Tae. Find someone, if possible,'' I placed the blanket in my handbag, ''Don't worry Taehyungie, you'll find your one and only. Until then.'' I saluted at him and jogged back home.

''You finally kept your promise. . .'' My mom sighed, drinking from her  3rd cup of her coffee with a high caffeine dosage. Why? Well, she looked like an energetic child in an old woman. 

''Hope you're happy...'' I muttered and lazily dragged my feet to my room. I sat on my bed and reflected on today's events. I looked at the dry blood that stained on the bandages wrapped from my hands to my wrists. Exhaling in frustration, I prepared myself to sleep, not mattering if I didn't do my nightly routine.

~ Time Skip: Morning | 10:00 AM ~ 

I woke up, startled. A loud vibration and sound came from my phone laying serenely at my nightstand. 

''Jesus, who's calling me this 'early' in the morning?!... Hello?!'' I screamed into the phone, feeling irritated.

ON THE PHONE:

Brenda: Woah~! Chill, Y/N. Just asking where you were since I've been waiting 5 minutes in the café-

END OF PHONE CALL

I leaped out of my bed and got ready. Once I was finished, I wore a black beanie and a pair of converse shoes on. I kissed my mom goodbye and ran to the designated café. The cold weather stung my face, making my face transition to a rosy hue. I jogged towards the location. trying not to trip because of the icy surface.

''B-Brenda! I'm here!'' I breathlessly blurted out loud. Eyes were laid at me, all looking at my attire and my posture. With hesitation, Brenda awkwardly came up to me.

''H-Hey, girl. Come sit down...'' She turned crimson and gently dragged me to the table. ''Y/N, I heard-''

''Rumors again?" I sip the drink prepared on the table, holding my breath. 

''About your engagement with Jimin...'' Brenda hesitantly spoke out. I almost choked on my drink and eyed her unbelievably.

''How... How do you know about that?'' I asked her in surprise.

''It's a hot topic going around in Insta. I mean, who in Korea wouldn't know the Park and Lee company?''

''It's just an ally, Bren. After both companies are high and stable in profit and marketing, we're gonna divorce.'' I smiled to myself that I would be free from Jimin's abuse. You see, the thing about Brenda is that she can read you like a book. During our college time, she took the medical course and studied psychology.