[7] The Hurtful Truth

As I showered I constantly thought about Luke. I remembered the way his sandy blonde hair fell just before his lapis lazuli eyes. The way he was built was heart melting to any woman but he never went for them. Luke was humble but always ready to protect the things he cared about most. The most selfless person I had ever met was Luke.

And that is why Darth Sidious never let me face him. Sidious knew of my weakness and Darth Sidious knew he'd fall when Luke was there yet Sidious never called for help because he knew. I could have been cast out if Darth Sidious knew I cared for Luke the way he cared for me.

I stepped out of the shower and got dressed, in my all black clothing along with knee high, stiletto boots. I buckled my holster to my belt, making sure it was under my cape, I then put on my mask as the final step. I checked to make sure I had everything and I was then on my way.

When I arrived to my shuttle Iden Versio was standing there patiently. I climbed aboard, "Commander." Was all I said as a greeting. She climbed aboard behind me. I sat down and she started up the shuttle. We take off and leave my headquarters, on our way to Tattooine.

[Location: Tattooine]

The closer we got the more my heart raced from nervousness. I was very unsure of how Luke would react to who I truely was. "Stay in the shuttle unless I call for you Commander Versio." I order and she nods, "Yes ma'am." the ramp begins to decend and when it stops I walk down the ramp. In the distance I saw a familiar man.

Luke Skywalker

When I stop in front of him he furrows his eyebrows. He checks behind me and he eyes' my shuttle. "Where is she?" He asks almost demandingly. "Here." I reply. Luke grunts in frustration. "Skywalker, are you sure you would like to see Y/N?" I ask him and he looks at me confused. "Why are you fearful Invictus?" He furrows his eyebrows at me. "Invictus..?" He asks after I don't reply.

I reach for my helmet, with my finger ID it opens up, making a hissing sound. As I take it off my hair falls down. I look up to see Luke's shocked face. He slowly shakes his head. "Th-This can't be right.. You.." I can see his hurt I didn't need to use the Force to see it.

And this, this was the first time I had cried in years. I felt the tears brim my eyes and fall down my cheeks. "Luke.." I softly say. He looks down at me, even tears were set in his eyes. "Y/N.. Why?" Is all he could ask. He was now further from me than before. "Luke I couldn't come back to the Rebellion.. You were in trouble.. Darth Sidious.." I say trailing off.

"Y/N Darth Sidious is dead.." Luke says and I look down. "You don't understand Luke.." I trail off. "Y/N you can come back, we will keep you safe. Please, I can see the light in you. I know you're not a bad person." Luke says trying to convince me. "I can't Luke." My voice cracks. "Y/N don't let them make you think you can't be a better person." He says and I choke on a sob.

"Luke.. I am not an ordinary Imperial." I say and he laughs as if it were unbelieveable, "Y/N! I know! Your a Jedi!" He says and I shake my head, "Technically a Sith." Luke shakes his head. "Y/N you carry wonderful powers no normal person can carry. Of course you aren't the same as just any ordinary person." Luke says and I shake my head.

"But it's not that." I say and he steps closer to me. "Y/N what is it? Please, who is making you stay." He pleads for the answers. "Luke.. I am the.. the Superior to all of the Imperial forces. I am the highest command." I say looking up at him. Tears continually rolled down my cheeks. I could see more hurt in his eyes.

I turn away and wipe my tears, before I could take the first step away from him and to my shuttle Luke spoke up. "I loved you Y/N." I turn around to see him still looking at me. "Luke I loved.. still love you." I say, it seems as if the largest weight in my life had been lifted. "Y/N.. Please.. Come home.." He says and I walk to him almost angrily. "I have wanted to ever since I boarded the first Death Star." I say and he furrows his eyebrows.

"The FIRST Death Star?" He asks in disbelief. I look down "There's another one. Great." He scoffs and I shamefully look down. "Y/N.. You have the power to end all of this. You have the power to destroy the Imperial force." Luke says and I look up at him. "You know there has to be a balance Luke." I say and he sighs. "If I just run, and desert them. There will only be another, there is no end to it." I say hopelessly.

"But at least you will be safe, at least you could be with us.. With me.." Luke said softly as he approached me. I shook my head, "I wouldn't only be a traitor to the Imperials but I am already a traitor to Rebels." I say and he shakes his head, "Y/N you were only trying to protect me. You were threatened. What else would you have done?" He asked and tears welled up in my eyes.

"Died." I say it more as a whisper. Luke was silent for a moment. I shamefully kept my eyes on the ground. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. "No Y/N. I don't care about what you've become because I don't believe that this is the real you. The real you was you that night, on Yavin outside the Rebel base when you were initiated. And before you boarded the Death Star." Luke says as he hugs me.

He gently strokes my hair. I keep my grip on him, even balling up his shirt from the emotional pain I feel on the inside. I breathe his scent in as he comforts me.

Suddenly I hear a blast from behind me and then it was followed by immense pain in my back. I scream and my knees buckle. I hear my shuttle take off.

The world was slowly going dark, and it wasn't sunset.