[8] Beautiful Memories

Luke's P.O.V

Y/N went completely limp. Luke held you so you wouldn't fall. Luke watched for a split second as your shuttle left. "Y/N!" Luke screamed.

Luke acted fast by pulling out his communicator. "Han! Chewie! I need help!" Luke yelled into the comminucator. The moments seemed like hours before Han and Chewie ran up to him. "Quick, she's dying!" Han looked astonished, "Whoa is that Invic-" Luke cut him off. "Nows not the time! Help her!" Luke says panicking as he tries to carry you.

He easily picked up your limp body and he ran back to the Falcon with you in his arms. Luke brought you to the makeshift medical room that was aboard the Falcon while Han and Chewie quickly left the planet and to a safe rebel base. The medical droid did the best it could with your wound but it wasn't enough.

"Luke who the hell is that?" Han asks him as Luke watches over you nervously from the window, his gaze never leaves you.

"Y/N L/N." Luke spits out as he looks at Han. "But that is Invictus?" Han asks and Luke nods. "What is she doing here?! How do you know her?!" Han asks frantically.

"Look Han, I'm gonna get interrogated later so let them do that alright?" Luke snaps back and Han steps back. "I'm only trying to look out for you kid." Han says in defense and he then walks off.

Your P.O.V

I sat under a tree on a hill with the outlook of a claming medow. It was peaceful but my mind wasn't at peace. I often sat at this spot, I do most thing here if it doesn't require me to be anywhere else, like reading or sewing, or even just wanting to relax. But most importantly, I came here to think. There was a slight cool breeze. It was nice on hot days like these.

I then felt a presence beside me and I turned around to see Luke standing behind me. He sat down, "Something bothering you?" He asked and I smiled. "You know me too well." I say as I gaze over the medow.

"What is it Y/N? You can tell me anything." Luke said and I nod. "Luke.. What if we don't make it out of this? I mean were we ever meant to?" I ask as I look back at him. Luke knits his eyebrows together in concentration. "I think we will. I know it's for the greater good and balance." I sigh, "Luke I mean we, as in you and I." I explain and he looks up at me.

"We have a purpose. Whether it be to fight to the rebellion or to work somewhere else. No matter the place we must always do work. And with work comes reward if you do the job right and get it done. So I presume whatever we move on from after the rebellion then that will be our greater reward." Luke says.

With such simple words my mind was calm again, I hadn't taken my eyes off the Jedi in training. Luke looks back up from when he was fiddling with a blade of grass in his fingers. "How did you do that?" I blurt out but softly. I was thinking it but I never intended to say it out loud.

Luke looks at me curiously. "Do.. What?" Luke asked me clearly confused. My face became red from embarassment and I looked down. "I just- my thoughts.. They're so conflicted and confused. Yet with your simple and calming words.. They cleared." I then paused and looked up into his ocean blue eyes.

"H-How'd you do it?" I asked curiously and Luke tilted his head and smiled. "Y/N it wasn't me who cleared your thoughts, it was you trusting me." He said as he looked back into my eyes. My heart fluttered and I could think nothing but of him. I looked down at the blade of grass between my fingers. I heard Luke shuffle and he then scooted closer.

He gently reached for my hand, extending his I looked up at him. I let go of the blade of grass and placed my hand in his. "Y/N.. I trust you too. And I don't want any harm to come near you. You're important to me and you're the only one that believed in me at the beginning." Luke pulled something out of his pocket. I watched as his sandy blonde hair flowed gently in the wind. The most perfect person in the entire galaxy was sitting in front of ME and telling ME these things.

"I was going to give this to you on your birthday..." He began as he pressed a closed hand on top of my palm, his other hand underneath mine. "You really mean a lot to me.. and one day, i-if things are less crazy in this war I..." He trailed off and I looked back into his beautiful blue eyes once more.

"I want to be the one that holds you, and cares for you, and laughs with you, and cries with you, and be with you daily. Y/N one day I want to be yours because no one in any galaxy could change the way I feel about you. I'm crazy for you and I haven't ever felt this way with any other girl I have met. You are the light and the joy of my life. I would be lost without you." Luke says, and as if my heart wasn't beating fast it sure was now.

"L-Luke." I say, the emotions I had been harboring for him for years were now spilling out in the form of tears. I looked at the palm of my hand, a beautiful necklace made out of pure gold lied in my hands. I smile and I look up at Luke. I could see how scared and nervous he was. I grip the necklace and I wrap my arms around his neck. He lets out a sigh of relief as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Luke I think you made me the happiest girl in the galaxy." I laughed as I pulled away. Tears of joy rolled down my face and Luke wiped them away with the pads of his thumbs. I gently leaned in as did he, then Luke leaned a little too far back and we began to tumble down the hill as he had lost his balance.

Luke kept his arms wrapped around me protectively as we rolled down the hill. Once we got to the bottom I saw Luke's nervous expression as he checked to make sure I was okay. I laughed and Luke's nervousness disappeared as he chuckled.

What day could ever be as perfect as this one?