[11] The Selfless Choice

"Please Bane." I said softly. He thought for a moment, the venom in his eyes decreased. Then I felt as if a rock was thrown to my abdomen harshly. I felt Bane had lost the conflict and it wasn't for the better. "I will never leave." He growled and I let out a sigh of disappointment.

"Then you have failed me, Darth Bane." I say coldly and I catch him off gaurd and stab my lightsaber directly into his chest. "I am sorry." I whisper as he exhales his last breath. His lightsaber retracts into the handle and he falls limply onto the ground. I retract my own lightsaber and I quickly rush over to Luke.

I could hear a comlink's static and someone yelling through it. It was Luke's. I pulled it out of his chest pocket. "Y/N reporting in. We're still alive and on the Death Star." I say shakily as I nudge Luke to try and wake him up. "Where's Luke?!" A frantic Leia asks and I quickly reply, "He's unconsious but still alive, Leia we need a new evacuation plan, I propose extract." I say and she sighs, "That's way too risky, what if-" I quickly cut her off as there were no other options.

"Miss Organa please trust me on this, I have done this plenty of times, I know what I'm doing. Extract me below the equator, south, B12." I say as I put the comlink back in Luke's pocket. I put on the inferno helmet back on his head. I then use the Force to lift up the rubble on top of the unconsious Luke just enough to slide him out.

Once more the Death Star rumbles, causing me to go off balance, yet I stop myself from falling. I pick up Luke and I place him on my shoulder. I run to the extraction point. I hear the comlink and I hear a count-down. "Extraction in 3.. 2.. 1.." I jump out on the final number. The Falcon then appears in front of me and the hatch was wide open.

I narrowly go straight to the hatch with Luke and I situate him so I'm hugging him protectively. In those few moments of floating it felt like I was in slow motion. Yet with two people I was running out of momentum. We weren't going to make it. One of us could and I knew who that one was. Luke then squirmed slightly and I knew he was waking from his consious state. "Y/N?" I heard a mumble from him.

My heart swelled and I knew if my last breath had words mixed in they were going to be to Luke. "I love you Luke." I let out and I pushed him to the hatch, he must have been too drowsy to realize what was going on and he didn't say anything as I released him.

I then began to drift as I saw Luke sucessfully enter the hatch and into the Falcon. The hatch closed and the Falcon took off. I floated slowly in space next to the collapsing Death Star. As I floated I saw a peek of a nearby star. It peered out slightly from behind the Death Star. My vision was slowly going black as my mask was losing oxygen.

Suddenly I heard the rumbling of a ship. I heard it slow down next to me as my vision was gone. I was going unconsious. My hearing quieted and all my senses were disappearing slowly. I felt myself being roped in to the ship and after that, nothing.

[Location: Unknown]

Beep.... Beep.... Beep....

I opened my eyes to see myself in a white room. Was I dead? I turned to see my helmet on a chair along with my lightsaber. I looked in the other direction to see a closed door. My body ached and my head was in severe pain. But as I now was awake I was recovering quick. Then the door opened and I snapped my head in the direction. Hask.

Had I not escapped? They found me and saved me. They don't know about my plans and about Bane. "Lady Invictus." He said and I sat up, I grunted in pain. "The Death Star has been destroyed." He informed me and I growled in anger, an acted anger. "While you have been unconsious Leader Snoke has been in charge." He says.

My heart dropped. Snoke is strong, he was the next rightful to the throne. "I have not fallen Hask. I will rise again-" I started and Hask stopped me. "Y/N I know you want to leave. I over heard you with Bane before..." He said and I looked at him scared.

"I didn't tell anyone, because just as much as you I want to leave this hell hole." I sighed in relief and I shook my head. "I didn't want to kill Bane." I said and Hask nods. "I know." I look back at Hask, "How long have I been out?" I ask and he looks at the calendar near my bed on the wall. "Two months now." He says and I raise my eyebrows. "Two months?" I asked surprised.

He nods and I sigh. "What of Iden?" I ask and he looked at me, "Her and Del have turned to the rebellion." He says and I nod. "Y/N you know how I mentioned.. You wanting to leave this Empire before?" He asked and I nodded. "I have an idea to help you escape." He said and I cocked my head to the side questionably.

"You may have to be unconsious again though..."