Zander

Zander opened his blue eyes as he continued to remember his six-year-old memories  of when he first met Koren and Quinn. But that was years ago. He was twenty one years old now. He was lying on the large, black window sill bed of his bedroom. His turquoise hair was longer and messier in an attractive fashion. He loved wearing nice black, formal shirts. 

His room was large and there was nothing he needed or wanted for. He had a large book case with all the books he ever wanted with some anime figurines he liked. He had a small but powerful speaker on his desk with a nice desktop. His black king sized bed was made with beautiful blue and green sheets and a comforter. He had a walk-in closet on the other side of the entry of his room and his own bathroom. He had a large T.V. and all the latest consoles.

Zander rested his forearm on his head as he closed his eyes again. There was a knock on his door, and he let out a sigh. 

"I said I don't feel like going," Zander angrily said. "He can't make me go."

"Sir, you know how important this party is to your father's business," A man with a soothing voice responded from the other side of the door. 

Zander frowned. He pulled out a vial from his pocket. It was filled with a white, powdery liquid. "Do I absolutely have to go? How angry did he sound?" 

There was silence for a moment. "Do you plan to take your 'singing potion,' Sir?" 

Zander smiled as he replaced the poison into his pocket. "Of course not. I have to make father proud, don't I? By the way, I won't be changing my clothes. I'm just going to wear a grey business jacket over." 

"I believe your father will approve." 

Zander walked into his closet and found a grey jacket. He walked out of his room and greeted the man from before, Jon. Jon followed Zander as the two walked down the hall to the foyer. Zander looked around at all the family pictures from when he was a child. His mother was in every single one, and his father was in a fourth of the pictures. He looked around at all the white walls and large windows. There were random, silver-colored tables with large flowers and flower vases. 

"You seem distracted," Jon said.

"Not distracted," Zander replied. "More like trying to zone out. How much does my mother spend on flowers again?" 

Jon smiled. "Sir, I think you should bring your friends here. A nice change of pace in your home would make you stay here more and perhaps even make this place FEEL like a home to you." 

"What happened to that girl you brought over before," Jon asked. "Quinn, I think her name was." 

Zander frowned and stopped walking. They had reached the foyer, but he was also angry. 

"Quinn's different from everyone else. She's...," Zander lowly said. "She knows the burdens of her parents money, but her parents actually understand that she has feelings. They'd just rather not compromise her happiness for their business." 

"Sir, I didn't--"

Zander sighed. "I know! I just think she's my only friend whom wouldn't judge me for having all this. That's why I frequently spend the night at Sandra's apartment. No one is like me. Ryan works two jobs, and we can only see him in the evenings. Sandra lost both her parents so she lives in an apartment with her room, and she works two jobs too. Quinn works for her own--I don't know-- amusement I guess. And Koren works over time quite a bit. They barely have time. So I make time to see them." 

Jon nodded. "I understand their struggles. They must be really great friends for you if they make time to see you during their busy schedules." 

Zander smiled. "They are. Especially, Sandra. She's always there for me and Ryan." 

"Zander," A bouncy, deep middle-aged man's voice called. A slim man dressed in light grey business attire called from the middle of the foyer. "I see you actually want to enjoy yourself for once." 

Zander looked at his mother at his father's side. She was beautiful with a long, black dress, and her turquoise hair was wavy and worn down to the middle of her back. Her blue eyes were as beautiful as she. She had twisted her hair on the side of her head back so her eyes were more visible.

Zander looked at his black haired father who was smiling at him. He closed his eyes. "I'm not going unless Jon comes with us tonight. And you can't chaperone me either." 

Zander's father, Gerald, frowned. "You know you need to speak with your eyes open. It shows integrity and honesty. It makes you look less like a coward." 

Zander opened his eyes. "Jon comes with us, or I stay." 

Gerald smiled. "Now, he can come with us. I just want to know why." 

"I'd like company if the girl you want to introduce me to is boring," Zander plainly said. 

Gerald glared at Zander. "This is for the best of your future and my company. You will spend the evening at this party and you will act as if you are enjoying it."

Zander looked to his mother with heavy eyes. She let out a heavy, visible sigh and nodded.

"Fine."

-- Do I absolutely have to go?