Acute Evil

Ryan sat on Koren's large, black couch. He liked how monochrome the apartment was with touches of blue and grey. The floor was black, but the walls were white. The pillows were blue, but the cups were grey. The living room was right next to the dining room and kitchen, but there was enough room to have everything in its own space and clearly defined as which room was which.

Ryan continued playing Martio Kart with Koren. "So how do you afford all this?" 

"What do you mean," Koren asked. "I'm a caregiver, so I make enough. They always call me to work over time a lot. Like tomorrow night. I'll be taking an extra shift." 

"Do you want to spend your free time with us," Ryan asked. 

Koren paused. "Of course, I do?"

"Sorry," Ryan hesitated. "I just thought you might like to sleep on your days off." 

Koren said. "I just like to pay my bills. Besides I'm trying to save up for vacation." 

"I see," Ryan said. "Oh. So what about that girl you're trying to impress?" 

"Her name's Jaime. She's very pretty. Don't know much about her, but that's why I'm trying to spend time with her," Koren said. 

"Nice. Always the hopeless romantic," Ryan said. "Do you... If you two do end up together, do you think she'll be jealous of Quinn?" 

"No way," Koren said. "And if she is, I'll break up with her." 

Ryan's eyes widened. He paused the game and looked at Koren. "WHAT?!"

Koren blinked as he looked at Ryan. "Did I... say something wrong?" 

"Well, yeah!" Ryan shrugged as an angry gesture. "Quinn means that much to you that you'd break up with someone instead of trying to fix the problem?" 

"If the solution between me and my girlfriend is ever to get rid of Quinn, I'd choose to stay by Quinn." 

"Why?" Ryan raised a brow. 

"Quinn's always been there for me, and I've always been there for her. If someone can't understand that, they either have to deal or walk out. Simple. Quinn means everything to me, and I'm not just gonna leave her to hang. She wouldn't do that to me," Koren said. 

"Hm." Ryan smiled. "I think it's a little more than that." 

"What do you mean," Koren asked. 

"You wanna bang Quinn," Ryan simply said. 

Koren's eyes widened as he blushed. "WHAT?! No way. She's just..."

Ryan smiled while he raised a brow at Koren.

"Okay," Koren laughed. "Let's just not put it that way. 'Cause that's not just it. She's perfect. But she won't date someone like me. She has money, and she's nice about it. She's smart, sometimes funny, she plays video games. Her laugh is cute. Her smile is great. Everything she does just enchants me." He sighed. "I don't know though... Sandra told me that she's into one of us. I'm assuming it's not me. When we hang out next week, I think I'll just ask her. No way she wouldn't give me a straight answer." 

"Or you could ask her tonight when she gets here," Ryan said. "You guys are almost inseparable. She'll probably just tell you." 

Koren smiled. "I hope she says it's me. If not... I don't know what I'd do." 

Ryan looked down with a smile. "So you'd really give up a girl for Quinn." 

"Yeah," Koren said. "She's my Queeny. My Queen."