SIX

"My parents are visiting soon." Seokjin said as he and Yoongi sat down for lunch. Yoongi frowned. "They called last night to tell me."

"Did you tell them to piss off?" Seokjin shook his head, pushing his food around his plate. "Why not?"

"Because... You know what my mum's like. I can't do anything." Seokjin sighed. "She just... I don't know... Scares me."

"You've got to learn to stick up for yourself, hyung." Yoongi reached over and placed his hand on Seokjin's arm. "You're a grown man, not a child."

"I know..." Seokjin sighed again and Yoongi returned his attention to his food.

"Hey guys." Namjoon said as he sat down with them. "Well done on the promotion, Yoongi hyung."

"Thanks, but I couldn't have done it without help." Yoongi looked at Seokjin, who ignored the stare.

"Are you sleeping alright, you look tired." Namjoon frowned at he stared at the dark circles that were slowly forming under Yoongi's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Yoongi said, but he sounded slightly strained.

"What about you, hyung? Are you alright?" Seokjin looked up from the food he wasn't eating.

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright?" Namjoon repeated and Seokjin forced himself to smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks..." Seokjin looked back down at his food, making Namjoon frown.

"So... Have you guys heard about the new project?" Namjoon asked, attempting to keep some form of conversation flowing on the otherwise silent table. The other two looked up, both frowning.

"What project?" Seokjin asked.

"Well, I haven't heard much, but everything I have heard isn't good." Namjoon scooted his chair closer. "Apparently it's going to increase our workload massively."

Seokjin groaned, running a hand down his face. He was working hard enough as it was, an increased workload was definitely not needed.

-

"Okay, V, I need you to do me a favour." Seokjin said as he paused from his cleaning. V nodded, looking up at Seokjin. "Tonight, I need you to stay in my bedroom. You can't come out, and you can't make a sound. Can you do that for me?" V nodded, making Seokjin smile. "Good. If you behave, I'll buy you ice cream tomorrow."

"Really?" Seokjin nodded and crouched down in front of the couch, holding out his hand so V could climb on. "Why do I have to stay in your bedroom?"

"My parents are coming over and I'd prefer if they didn't know you existed. I'm sorry." Seokjin carried V up into his bedroom.

"It's okay." V smiled happily as he jumped on to the bed, making himself comfy in the bedsheets. Before Seokjin could continue cleaning, V quickly grabbed his shirt.

"What is it, V?" He asked, turning back around to look at the little fairy.

"Are you alright?" Seokjin made himself smile as he nodded. V bit his lip, his little machine telling him otherwise. "Are you sure?"

"I'm perfectly fine, V, don't worry." Seokjin crouched in front of his bed so he was eye level with V. "You just stay here, and I'll be up later."

"Okay. Have fun." Seokjin nodded as he stood back up.

"I'll try..."

-

"So... How's work?" Seokjin's mum asked as they ate. Seokjin shrugged.

"It's alright. I guess..."

"Your mother was telling me about how you turned down a promotion and gave it to Yoongi." Seokjin's father said, making Seokjin sigh. "You need to take these opportunities when they come around, so you can support your family when you have one."

"The higher up you are in the company, the better." Seokjin's mum added.

"But I don't even like my job, I-"

"It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it pays well and that's all that matters." Seokjin sighed again and silence fell over the three. After a few minutes, Seokjin's mum broke it. "So have you found a girlfriend yet?"

"No."

"Why not? You're a good looking man, girls should be throwing themselves at you." Seokjin's father chuckled slightly.

"You should start thinking about settling down soon-"

"Mum, I'm gay." Seokjin accidentally blurted out, causing everyone to freeze. Slowly, Seokjin's mum looked up at him.

"What?" Seokjin gulped, his cheeks flushing red.

"I-I'm... Gay..." Seokjin said quietly, looking down at his lap. His mother slowly stood up, his father following suit.

"Well... I guess everything makes sense now." She said before walking towards the door.

"Mum, wait!" Seokjin got up and rushed over to her, grabbing her hand. She turned around and slapped Seokjin.

"Do not touch me." She snapped, staring coldly down at him. "And don't call me 'Mum', you're no son of mine."

"Mum..." Seokjin's mum walked out of the door. His dad hesitated, pausing for a few moments as he placed a hand on Seokjin's shoulder.

"I'm sorry..." He said quietly, his gaze flicking towards the door where his wife had just gone. "But whatever you do, don't make the same mistake I did. Goodbye, son." He then followed his wife.

Seokjin slowly collapsed to his knees, sobbing. He'd messed up majorly...

In the bedroom, V stared at the machine in alarm. It had suddenly started beeping and then it broke.

Slowly, he called the queen.

"What is it?" The queen snapped, sounding annoyed at being interrupted.

"The machine snapped... I think Jinnie's really upset." V stared down at the machine. "I don't know what to do." The queen sighed.

"I knew you can't do anything right. I really should've expected this." There was a brief pause. "Hang on, I'll come and fix up this. Just... Don't let Jinnie do anything stupid before I arrive."

"Okay..." V hung up, wondering how he was supposed to climb down from the bed and go find Seokjin without hurting himself.

-

-

-