T H I R T E E N

Jennie's POV

My peaceful deep slumber was interrupted when I felt a heavy thing flopped on top of me.

"Aww" I groaned and pushed off the heavy thing without opening my eyes.

"Yah, unnie, wake up" My bestfriend said and wiggled me. I peak through my blanket and saw her sitting on my bedside facing me.

"Stop, let me sleep, Chaeng" I answered, hastily pulled my blanklet over my head and shifted to another comfortable position.

Its Saturday today and I have no plans of living the comfort of my bed.

"Unnie...." This time Chaeng pulled my blanket. I groaned when I felt the coldness linger on my skin. "Unnie, get up! Stop sulking there!"

I had no choice but to get up. Chaeng can be hardheaded at times. She will not stop pestering me not unless I do what she say.

I sat and leaned my head on the headboard.

"What happened?" She started soon as she saw my puffed eyes from crying last night.

It feels like my head started to spin when I recalled what happened last time I talk to Lisa.

***

"Tell me, Jen, what happened that night?" I could feel the pain and the struggle in her words. "Because my mind is going a hundred miles per hour thinking about what happened that fucking night"

I suddenly felt paralyzed. I don't know what to do. All the things I wanted to say were thrown out of the window. I couldn't find the right words to say until I saw those chocolate brown orbs waiting for some answers.

"I'm sorry" My heart is beating so fast! "H-He---"

Before I could even my sentence, we were interrupted when someone called her name.

"Lisa-yah!" We both turned to see a man waving at her.

It's Jaewon.

He jogged closer to us and immediately engulfed Lisa in a tight hug.

"You surely know how to make me miss you!" He said in between their hug. "I miss you"

My breathing became heavy with what I am witnessing. Adding fuel to it is his last statement. Do you want me to break your arm?

"Me too" Lisa smiled and reciprocated his hug.

Ouch.

"Let's go?" He asked when he pulled away from her.

She can't just leave. We are not yet done talking. "Lisa" I softly called her out to regain her attention.

She turned to me. The smile on her face is no longer on her beautiful face.

"I need to go. Go home, Kim" She answered and walked away with Jaewon.

I was left planted on my spot as I watched them go inside Jaewon's car and disappear from my sight.

***

"That was your chance! Why didn't you speak up?!" I can feel Chaeng's frustration over my actions.

"My mind went blank!" I shouted back. "Then that guy who can't be named suddenly appeared. What a timing!"

"Besides, I don't know where to begin. So many what ifs are running through my mind if I told her everything. What if she starts to hate me? What if she won't talk to me ever again? I can't let that happen, Chaeng" Just thinking of all of those what ifs brings panic in me.