Chapter 6

Osomatsu was quiet for a long while, his mind racing as he tried to come up with ways to squirm out of this lose-lose deal. The other four brothers stayed silent, fully knowing that whatever he chose was final, as were his other decisions. The tension became almost unbearable for the family, Akumatsu not budging from his position in the doorway. Osomatsu finally looked from the floor back up to Akumatsu, defiance blazing bright in his eyes.

"Fine -- we'll agree to your terms."

"Wonderful. I'll be back to pick (y/n) up after her wound has healed, which shouldn't take very long. About a week or so?" He brought his right hand up to his chin in a thoughtful pose, "Yeah, I'll give it two weeks, then I'll pick her up with all of her belongings," With a flair of his coattails, he turned around and made his way down the entrance stairway, moving beyond the brothers' line of sight. A few moments passed before Osomatsu moved towards the bench with a nurse waiting near it to continue bandaging him up.

"Oso--" Karamatsu started angrily before getting cut off.

"I know you all have questions, but I don't have any answers right now. We need allies and we need to get stronger," Osomatsu barely tilted his head up to glance at his brothers, a dangerous red glint in his eyes, "Remember, this is only temporary. Atsushi will only have (y/n) until we're strong enough to bring her back home."

The resolve in his voice caused the four brothers to straighten their backs and slightly smile. They wouldn't let Atsushi have (y/n) for very long, and her visit will be shortened if they found out that he tried anything.

----

"...ning, (y/n)," A voice slowly cut through the thick fog in my head. There was no pain, but as I slowly opened my eyes, a slight throbbing made itself known as the bright lights bored into my eyes.

"Ugh...it's too bright..."

"Sorry about that," A gruff voice I recognized commented as the lights above me slowly dimmed, "Is that better?"

"Thanks, Ichimatsu. Am I okay to move?" I rubbed my eyes with my left hand, feeling slight pressure in my right arm. I could only guess that the IV drip was attached to it, and I hated needles, so I didn't look.

"Yes for your arms, but don't move your right leg just yet. The stitches are still fresh and you need to keep the suture closed, but we'll be able to help you with whatever you need to do," Ichimatsu stepped into my vision, a slight smile resting on his lips as he pulled the surgical mask down, "Thankfully, Franky brought you here quickly, so he won't be fired from his duty."

"Please don't fire him, I really like Franky," I knew what the term really meant, "He did the best he could in the moment, and I wasn't hit in a place that I could've died from, right?"

"Correct, but I don't want to take that chance again," Ichimatsu moved to my right side and fiddled with the IV drip bag, seemingly activating a second bag of a different liquid. He caught my wandering eye, "It's a strong pain medication. It'll be automatically applied every hour, but if you need something else in the meantime, I'll have to arrange something."

"I'll bear with it," I gave him as big of a smile as I could. This wasn't the first time I was under Ichimatsu's knife, and it probably won't be the last. I could feel my stomach start to turn as I thought about the scenario again. I must've been obvious about it, as Ichimatsu put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a kiss on top of my head.

"Stop worrying. Everything's been taken care of, and Osomatsu will be down in a bit to tell you what you need to know," There was a look in his eyes that I couldn't put my finger on, as a mix of sorrow and hatred.