Chapter 14

Choromatsu straightened his tie as he watched Ichimatsu guide (y/n) into a powder room before turning to Osomatsu and Karamatsu, casting a glance at Todomatsu as he stepped away. Both older brothers were looking at him expectantly, despite the food carnage that was happening behind them as Jyushimatsu moved from the hors d'oeuvres to the desserts.

"I'm guessing that Atsushi had something to do with this," Osomatsu finished off the remaining amount of white wine in his glass.

"That's a correct guess. The pressure we've put him under has seemed to burst in the one way we didn't want it to," Choromatsu nodded, "(Y/n) is fine emotionally and mentally, but she says that he tried to threaten our safety if she didn't follow what he said."

"It only took two weeks for him to snap? I had bet on a few months," The eldest commented before scratching the back of his neck, "I was ready for a long game, but I guess a short one is just as satisfying."

"Well, when you start cutting off his communication lines and draining his expenses, no one knows how someone would react," Karamatsu gave Osomatsu a sigh before looking towards the main entrance to the ballroom, "He's likely to do something rash to try and force her back into his hands. Just be ready, because here he comes."

The three faced another man with an ivy mask calmly walking towards them, his head held high despite the slight frown on his face.

"Mr. Kanemochi," Osomatsu took a step forward and reached out his right hand, a smile happily displayed on his face.

"Mr. Matsuno, I believe that the talk we had before the performance should've warned you to stay out of my business," Atsushi knocked his hand aside and leaned towards him threateningly, "Where is my wife?"

"I'm sorry but I haven't seen her since she was on your arm. She may be enjoying herself on the floor, participating in common chatter, or fixing herself up in the bathroom. Have to preserve your gentlemanly image, after all -- wouldn't want (y/n) to stand up for herself, or making matters worse for you," Osomatsu didn't back down from the obvious challenge, the smile growing more as he spoke, "You made yourself quite clear in that conversation, Atsushi. We aren't hiding her from you, nor are we trying to bring her back home."

"Don't jerk me around, Osomatsu. Everyone knows that the Matsunos aren't to be trusted," Atsushi raised an eyebrow and his frown seemed to deepen.

"Then why did you marry our sister? (Y/n) was a Matsuno when you met her," Karamatsu barely laughed, "Stop the act of a worried husband, Atsushi. We all know you don't give a shit about her, or what she cares about."

Atsushi didn't respond, only glaring at the three men in front of him.

"I was expecting you to defend your wife's honor, Atsushi. You disappoint me," Osomatsu shook his head as the smile dropped from his face, "You know, the whole 'how dare you talk about her like that' or something else along those lines. Seriously, why did you want to marry her and send Akumatsu to make us bend our knees to your whim? Was Fighting Yowai that intimidating to you that you wanted to claim something before he could?"

The anger flushed into Atsushi's face, sending a searing glare at Osomatsu, "Shut up, Osomatsu. I would pick my next words carefully, if I were you."

"Or, what? You'll stare at me to death? You know that we took care of all of the 'babysitters' you sent our way, and returned them back to you with gifts. No one was left out, and everyone was happy about it. Yeah, a few of them gave my family new scars, but now we look badass," Osomatsu didn't move from his spot, meeting Atsushi's glare with his own, "Stop being a petulant child."

"A child...I'm no child -- I'm just a husband that wants his wife returned to him."

The nearby powder room door opened with two people stepping out, both wearing cat masks. The four men turned towards the noise and Atsushi began to walk forward, his hand reaching out for the woman wearing a yellow dress, the back of her right hand covered in a band-aid.

"We're going home, (y/n). It was a mistake to bring you here, so I'll make it up to you and listen to you play the viola at home," He took (y/n) by her uninjured hand and pulled her towards the entrance, causing her to almost trip over her dress before she straightened herself out. Ichimatsu watched them walk away before Todomatsu stepped out from behind him in a fox mask, his fingers tapping away on the phone held between his hands, one of which was bandaged.

"Are we just gonna let that happen?" Todomatsu didn't look up, but stopped walking before he could bump into Choromatsu.

"Nah, he'll be fine. Besides, Totty said he'd do anything to help you come home," Ichimatsu gave a dark grin before turning towards Todomatsu, who was suddenly much shorter than his other brothers.

"Think Atsushi will notice?" Karamatsu plucked two wine flutes from a tray as the waiter walked around the brothers, handing one to 'Todomatsu'.

"I doubt it. He didn't even know what instrument I play," He giggled before taking the glass, "But I really hope Todo will be okay..."

"He's one of the squad captains, so Totty will be fine. Out of all of us, he's the one with the biggest grudge against Atsushi," Osomatsu lifted the fox mask a little to see a worried (y/n) looking up at him, "Besides, now we've got you all to ourselves for the night. Totty was always seen as the weird feminine one, so there's nothing that you can do while in his clothes that will ruin his reputation."