Chapter 11

I stayed in my room for the remainder of the day, crying into my pillow so that no one else could hear me. My neck was pockmarked with love bites and scratches that went underneath my loose gray sweater, covering my back and breasts. I had taken several showers afterwards, hoping to wash the feeling of him off of me. I had tried to clean myself off as much as I could, praying that I didn't get pregnant. I had imagined and hoped that my first time would be memorable, wanting it to be gentle, kind, happy, and have an all-around good feeling.

This was anything but.

I was aching to call any of my brothers, wanting them to comfort me, but I knew that if I revealed this information, there'd be multiple attempts to rescue me by the time midnight came around. I had to keep this to myself, for now at least.

I tried to reason with my emotions throughout my showers; Atsushi was my husband and I was his wife, what we did was natural for a married couple to do. But there was nothing about what happened that felt good, but I had allowed it to happen so Atsushi would bring me to the Gala. I felt like I had gone through ten rounds in the Mixed Martial Arts championship. I don't remember seeing any of the women that Atsushi had bedded looking like I did when I caught a glimpse of them leaving.

My phone buzzed with the arrival of a message, and I barely peeked over my pillow to see Karamatsu's name lit up on the screen before it died down. I groaned and buried my head deeper into the pillow, the fabric case still damp from tears and wet hair. After a few moments of silence, the phone buzzed again and I rubbed my red and swollen eyes to try and clear my vision, sitting up in the borrowed heavy, long bathrobe from Aya. My hair was left unbrushed and unkempt, due to the fact that I didn't wrap it up after the last shower. I had been too tired to dry myself.

I picked up the phone and saw two e-mail messages from Karamatsu. I opened the one that was sent more recently, as the first one seemed to be an incomplete message, like he had accidentally hit 'send' before it was finished.

{This may be a bit early, but I was wondering if you wanted anything for your birthday. You know, the one coming up in a few months. -K}

I could only stare at the e-mail message, knowing that he may have just been trying to start a conversation with something normal, but unsure of how to go about it.

I typed out a quick reply, {Yeah, I was hoping to be able to have an updated family portrait picture taken of all of us. I know it'll be tough to figure out with everyone busy, but I'd really like to put it next to the one with us, Papa and Mom.}

The reply came a few minutes later, {Evening, (Y/n). That sounds great for the birthday gift idea! I'll try to make it work somehow. Sorry for not being in contact with you recently, as things here have been busy. Totty told us about the phone call last night. Have you been able to convince Atsushi to bring you somehow? -K}

{Yes, I managed to convince him to bring me with. He's agreed to my dress of choice, so I'll be wearing the yellow one he gifted me before I left. -(y/i)} I typed slowly as I breathed in deeply so I wouldn't start crying again.

{You never tried it on before you moved. Does it fit you? It's not anything risque, right? -K} His reply came a minute after.

{Yeah, it fits. The bright color will make it easy to spot me no matter what mask I'm wearing. By 'being busy', did you mean Osomatsu is running around again? -(y/i)} I tried to change topics, recalling that Atsushi demanded that I wear the yellow one with nothing else underneath. I had pleaded with him that I wanted to wear something comfortable and supportive underneath, and he took that as an invitation for round five. I didn't bring it up again after that.