Chapter 17

Todomatsu curled his legs and planted his feet against Atsushi's chest, shoving him roughly off of the slightly smaller man and knocking him flat onto the floor. Atsushi gasped as his back hit the ground, unable to gather himself for balance immediately. The Matsuno brother slid off the bed and pulled the gray shirt back down, straightening himself out and taking off the wig.

"Never trust a Matsuno, remember?" Totty jeered as Atsushi pushed the hair out of his own eyes with a free hand, moving to his knees before standing up slowly.

"You've finally sunk low enough to kidnap someone, eh, Todomatsu?" Atsushi calmly walked over to the dresser closest to the bedroom door and opened the top drawer.

"We haven't kidnapped (y/n), only borrowed her for the night," Todomatsu watched him carefully, studying his movements, "I told the boys that I wanted to strike a deal with you before (y/n) has the chance to come back."

Atsushi's hand froze as it started to slip into the drawer, his narrowed eyes glued to Todomatsu, "What kind of deal?"

"A simple one," Todomatsu sat down casually on the bed, tossing the wig close to the door, "You divorce (y/n), we leave you alone. You already know what kind of damage we can do to your properties and clubs."

"That's not happening. I have worked hard to make sure that she stays with me, and I'm not going to just give up now," Atsushi's eyes narrowed as his hand fully reached into the drawer and pulled out a 9mm pistol, aiming down the sights towards Todomatsu, "No deal."

With a swift movement, Todomatsu rolled to the other side of the bed and dropped to the floor, blocking Atsushi from a clear shot. Reaching for the knife he kept strapped to his right ankle, Totty waited for the other man to make any kind of movement. The opportunity came when he paced towards Totty's side of the bed, the hand that was holding the weapon met with searing pain as Todomatsu's knife embedded itself into the back of it. The sudden attack took Atsushi off-guard and he dropped the gun in pain and shock, clutching the now-bloodied hand and taking a few steps back as Todomatsu lunged forward to catch the pistol before it hit the floor.

"The hard way it is, then," Todomatsu quickly released the magazine and saw that it was fully loaded, shoving it back into the magazine well with a click. His normally happy eyes had turned cold and watched his bleeding prey before him -- a man now disarmed and partially disabled. Atsushi grunted as he pulled the combat knife out of his dominant hand, holding it awkwardly in his left before dropping it. He grabbed a discarded shirt from his laundry and pressed it hard against the stab wound, his hand shaking.

"How much further are you going to sink, Totty?" Atsushi backed up to the dresser and sat with his back to it, "Would you stoop to murder just to bring your whore sister back?"

Todomatsu stopped for a brief moment before walking towards the dropped knife, picking it up in his free hand and rushing towards Atsushi, his eyes hidden by the deep shadow of his fringe. Just before the knife plunged into Atsushi's neck, Todomatsu stopped and only looked at him with a slight tilt of his head, keeping the barrel of the pistol pressed against Atsushi's forehead.

"I'll only go as far as you push me."

The emptiness in Todomatsu's eyes sent a shudder down Atsushi's spine.

"So, go ahead. Push me further. Taunt me with whatever abuse you did to (y/n). Gloat about how 'obedient' you made her while she was with you. Mock me by saying that you wanted to break the weakest link of the Matsuno family so the rest would fall in line. Tell me that you arranged the marriage because you thought you could leash the Matsuno brothers if she was yours only by legal rights," The knife edge began to bite into Atsushi's skin, "Brag about how you wanted to take over the Ward with us as your prized guard dogs."

Dancing in a Cage (Mafia!Brothers and Sister!Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara