Chapter 20 - Bad End

"While you were sleeping, I got an update from Totty's phone," My spine went stiff and I looked up at Choromatsu in expectation, fear creeping back in my mind, "The text read that Atsushi demands your return in exchange for Todomatsu's safety."

"What...?" I couldn't understand it.

Every single one of my brothers are extremely capable men, and I was assured by the others that Todomatsu would be fine on his own with Atsushi.

What...?!

Choromatsu looked away from me, his face contorted in pain and uncertainty.

"Choro, please, you have to tell me...is Todo all right?" I wrapped the bathrobe around me tightly as I clambered to my knees, crawling to be in front of Choromatsu. My brother kept his eyes away from me, but I forced him to look at me by putting his head in between my trembling hands, "Choromatsu -- is he okay?"

"We don't know...we don't know anything at this point, (y/n)," His dark eyes met my own, and I could see that he was at a loss of what to do. I swallowed what little moisture was in my mouth, and I could only think of one thing.

I can't run from him in fear anymore. I have to save my brothers from my husband.

I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes as I stood up, opening the music room door and moving towards my room. I heard Choromatsu scramble to get up and follow me.

"(Y/n) -- wait...!" He called out as I felt his arms wrap around me, "Don't do anything rash...please..."

"Choro, there's only one way to save Todomatsu, and that's by going back," I responded softly, knowing that every single one of my brothers knew that this small respite was just that -- a temporary break, "It's time to do my part to keep you all safe."

"No...please don't do this, (y/n)," Choromatsu let me go despite his refusal. I turned around and looked up at him, seeing tears in his eyes for the first time in a long while. My eyes widened and I rushed to give him a hug, fighting back my own tears.

"I don't want to do this either, but he won't give up until I'm back with him....and I know the lengths he'll go to," My throat choked up and stifled my words, but I pulled away from the hug, "I would like a ride there, though...With all of you."

"Yeah," Choromatsu tried to give me a reassuring smile, "That's a good idea, (y/n). I'll go tell the guys."

He turned around and left me alone in the empty hallway, uncertainty entering my mind about what Atsushi would do when I was in his hands.

There was also no guarantee that he'd free Todomatsu without another scratch.

I made my way towards my room, pulling on a loose-fitting shirt of my favorite color and an older pair of jeans, stuffing my phone into the back pocket before heading to a different destination -- the kitchen. No one minded me as I moved towards the cutlery drawer, pushing past all of the organized forks and knives to grasp at my own defense knife -- a blue-and-gold switchblade that I had hidden away just in case we were raided and I needed a weapon. I pushed the blade out and saw that it was freshly sharpened, mentally thanking the staff before taking a deep breath. I'd only use it if I had no other option.

Tucking the switchblade into one of the jeans front pockets, I tried to slow my heartbeat down as I made my way towards the front lobby, where I saw Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu, Ichimatsu, and Jyushimatsu all standing by the front door and waiting for me. They were all wearing their full formal attire, and I could see the hidden anger behind their eyes.

Before I could walk past them, Osomatsu and Karamatsu grabbed me from opposite sides and brought me into an enveloping hug. I could feel their warmth and smell their familiar individual cologne, and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.