Chapter Two

Edward and Ron followed Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Ginny, and Percy into King's Cross Station. Fred and George were whispering under their breaths, grinning, while Percy admired his new badge. Ginny was frowning, because she wasn't old enough to go to Hogwarts yet; but since Mr. Weasley worked, she had to come with them.

Ron glanced at Edward, then did a double-take. "Why are you calm?! We're going to Hogwarts! Finally!"

"Just because I look calm doesn't mean I'm not excited," Edward replied amusedly. "I just don't want to make a fool of myself."

"You? Never," Ron snorted. "You have another thing to be excited about, too; you might meet your twin today."

Wordlessly, Edward nodded.

He wasn't sure how he felt about meeting Harry. Happy, yes; he was his only living relative that wasn't a muggle. Nervous, maybe; many things could go wrong, if he wasn't careful. Excited, yes; Harry, according to Remus, had grown up with his terrible aunt and uncle, and Edward could make him happy.

"Careful," Mrs. Weasley said sharply to Fred and George, who had almost run their trunks into a group of Muggles. "I swear, if you run into another Muggle like you did last year, on purpose, I will personally send you straight home!"

"But Mum," Fred groaned, "we still have loads of jokes left!"

Edward stifled a chuckle and rolled his eyes.

"Mum, can't I go?" Ginny asked with a frown.

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet," Mrs. Weasley ordered. "All right, Percy, you go first."

The prefect marched forward. Edward watched as a crowd of tourists passed in front of the platform as he disappeared through to the other side.

"Fred, you next," Mrs. Weasley said.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George!" said Fred indignantly. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?"

"Fred, that's rude," Edward said calmly. "We're going to be late."

Fred and George scowled at him comically before Fred darted towards the platform. His twin followed soon after.

"Excuse me," said a nervous voice.

Edward turned, then froze.

A familiar black-haired boy was walking up, pushing a trunk ahead of him, a cage perched on top with a snowy-white owl. His green eyes were worried, and the exact same as Edward's own.

"Hello, dear," Mrs. Weasley said, not realizing who it was. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron and Edward are new, too." She gestured to them.

"Wait, did you say Edward?" the boy demanded, looking over at him. "You're not -- you can't-"

"Yes, I'm your brother," Edward said, keeping his voice calm instead of delighted.

Ron grinned, and Mrs. Weasley looked startled and pleased.

Harry grinned widely. "Hagrid said you looked like my mother, but I didn't know what she looked like."

"You didn't have a picture?" Edward demanded. "I was told our aunt and uncle were horrid-"

"You don't know the half of it," said Harry, and he hugged Edward.

Startled, Edward slowly hugged him back. Then Harry released him and said awkwardly, "Er, I still don't know how to get on the platform."

"Not to worry," said Mrs. Weasley, smiling. "All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten."

"You won't hit it," Edward assured him when Harry looked alarmed. "It's best not to think about it. Close your eyes if you're nervous."